Thanks Jeremy!

Thank you Jeremy for rectifying the login/cookie problems, incorporating so much feedback in the new cache listing pages, and generally "staying on top of it".

The quick responses and reactions to troubles is admirable.

Kudos!

Randy

PS: While I'm at it, thanks to all the volunteer approvers, who get thanked all too infrequently. (Now do I have to call my folks while I'm at it and express my appreciation...nah!)

Hmmm, is it true? Did I get into the page today without having to log in? I think so. But, I'll know for sure when I get home and try from that computer. If so, that will be great. Funny how the little things are so annoying.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

quote:

For you, or me?

Since I was referring to the logon issue, yes, it's over for me. Since you "birthed" this monster called geocaching.com, your hell will continue icon_smile.gificon_wink.gificon_eek.gificon_redface.gificon_biggrin.gif

By the way, I really hate people who use this icon_biggrin.gif icon.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on July 24, 2003 at 06:29 PM.]

quote:
For you, or me?

Hate to say this, but for me the login issue is still happening. Do I need to clear out cookies first or something? I hate to do that because I have a bunch relevant to other sites, but I bet I can selectively figure it out or just re-login to the other sites. I'm out of town for a week after tomorrow, so I'll see how it is and deal with it when I get back. Plus, although slightly annoying, I don't find the login thing to be all that big of a deal. icon_smile.gif

And yes! Thanks Jeremy for the hard work! icon_smile.gif

pokeanim3.gif

Why do I have to keep logging on? I must have logged on 20 times yesterday. Yes, I've ticked 'remember me', and yes I've got cookies enabled, but when the forum says I'm not logged on and I click log on it insists I put in my userid and password again.

What is 'also log in to forums' supposed to do? I always tick the box but every time I go to the forums it says I'm not logged on.

you know, I hate to say it, but the last couple of days I've been having to log-in all the time.

Up to this point, I haven't had any problems - did the fix fix some and hurt others?

I thought maybe it was me and all of a sudden my IE settings changed but I haven't had any problems with other sign-on sites.

I guess it's just my turn to see what was bothering others with their being asked to login all the time. icon_frown.gif

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

I am sorry to say that I have been continuing to have similar problems, across multiple machines, running Mozilla, IE and Netscape. Sometimes I will go to login, only to have a "You're not logged in" page come up. Usually multiple tries will get me logged in, but it can be a bit flusterating sometimes when you key in a new cache or go to sign a log, and when you submit, it says you are not logged in even though you just did. For me I have tried clearing cookies, cleaning temp, and history but still the issue persist. Sorry Jeremy, I hate to complain but the issue does indeed still appear to be persistant. On the bright side, since the new server, everything else is hot to trot.

---------------------------------------------------------

Pardon me Sir, but there is a Wild GeoCache in this area.

www.neurocache.com - NeuroNomad & Sublonde's Page

Just to clarify. I DID have to sign in to the site again when I got home last night. And again, today, at work I have to log in to the site. Seems to be the same as it has been for a few weeks. If you switch computers, your cookie is useless. Not unmanageable, but I'm not sure what the person who started this post was referring to then, as I see no change.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan

What I just noticed, without switching computers:

1. had to log in to geocaching.com

2. went to 'discuss geocaching' and had to log on

3. went back to main page and was ok

4. logged off of IE

5. logged back on to IE and was able to get to main page

6. went to 'discuss geocaching' and was not logged on

7. clicked onto 'login' and nothing happened

8. clicked onto 'login' again and had to reenter id

"The hardest thing to find is something that's not there!"

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Insert the "thats what your wife tells us" joke here. ----->

[a crude joke that wasn't what umc intended was originally in this space. It has been removed because I found my good taste in the corner of a drawer. Also, someone told me it could be taken the wrong way.]

pirate.cgi.gif

[This message was edited by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy on July 25, 2003 at 10:07 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy:

quote:

Insert the "thats what your wife tells us" joke here. ----->

[a crude joke that wasn't what umc intended was originally in this space. It has been removed because I found my good taste in the corner of a drawer. Also, someone told me it could be taken the wrong way.]

http://parkrrrr.com/pirate.cgi.gif

[This message was edited by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy on July 25, 2003 at 10:07 AM.]

Bummer... and I missed it too.

Cheers!

TL

what i love is when the upper right corner say I'm logged in, but the center part of the screen tells me I nede to login.

icon_rolleyes.gif

zoinks. hasnt happened to much though but sure is annoying

william

alt.gif

An arundo donax is a reed, often confused with bamboo which is used in the making of musical instruments. In others words it lets hot air create a lot of noise. Who knew?

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

Yep, I have to log in about 5000 times a day. Doesn't really bother me though. I know I'll NEVER foget this sites password! icon_biggrin.gif

Thats because we keep trying to block your IP but luckely for you it keeps changing.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Spzzmoose:

Yep, I have to log in about 5000 times a day. Doesn't really bother me though. I know I'll NEVER foget this sites password! icon_biggrin.gif

Thats because we keep trying to block your IP but luckely for you it keeps changing.

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Caching without a clue....

dadgum!!! So that's it. I thought I was one of many...never knew I was special! icon_biggrin.gif