Close caches

I recall reading a while back about caches being too close. I never really gave it much thought until today. I was visiting GC5708 and as I walked towards the cache, another cache appeared on my GPS.

I went "huh?" I found the one I came for and then went for the other. It had been in my GPS from a while back but I never visited it since it since it seems to be missing. It is CG32B3. The distance is 106' between them.

That seems really close...

The best things in life are not things...

Now Open... http://www.geoindiana.com <-Click It! You know you want to!

I see they are about .02 miles apart. That's around 100 feet. A bit too close but, I wouldn't care myself. Seems we are all getting worked up about rules around here lately. Not that you are suggesting that Ride Bent. Personally I don't think you can have too many caches anywhere. But I would have put the new one at least 1/10 of a mile away myself. Maybe the cacher didn't check what else was close-by?

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

Another possibility is what happened to one of my caches. I hid a multiple cache and a few months later another cacher from out of town hid a cache a few hundred feet from my final cache. Of course since it's a multiple cache the coordinates are not posted to the final, so he had no idea that my cache was that close. So there are different ways that this can happen. It seems that we both thought it was a great place to put a cache.

El Diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

And it appears you discovered that the older cache was gone Ride Bent. So at this point in time there aren't two caches close-by. Sue Babe hasn't archived the cache yet. Have you asked her to?

I sent her a message to archive it. I think the recent flood we have had would have taken it anyway should it have still been there anyway.

The best things in life are not things...

Now Open... http://www.geoindiana.com <-Click It! You know you want to!