What do you do for a living?

Bilder

What do you do for a living?

To keep this on the topic of geocaching (aka brick dodging) icon_smile.gif, here is a relavant question as well....

What time of day do you mainly go caching?

I work for an airline (with the eskimo on the tail) and go caching in the afternoon mainly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have never been lost. Been awful confused for a few days, but never lost!

N61.12.041 W149.43.734

[This message was edited by Bilder on September 28, 2003 at 04:23 PM.]

Officially, I'm unemployed. I do computer work. I'm also a pyrotechnician, so I get to travel sometimes. I like doing pyrotechnics, and would like to do it more often. That's how I got my Albuquerque, Las Vegas, and Wichita Falls caches here recently.

I'm also a Vol. fireman and a student. I cache round the clock. I've been picking up a lot of night caches here lately.

-=Jerry A. Goodson=- W5BFF aka hydrashok407 smile.gif KoolAid Drinker smile.gif

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Real peace is not just the absence of conflict, it's the presence of justice" - http://www.hydrashok.com

Dispatcher for the AZ Highway Patrol.

Depending on the night, I'll cache after work (after 2230), but also go in the mornings before work if they're close enough. At least one of my 2 days off I try to plan for something and spend a half/full day caching in one area. Last Tuesday, I hiked 10.2 miles round-trip for 4 caches in South Mountain. icon_smile.gif

Brian

Team A.I.

quote:
Originally posted by Brian - Team A.I.:

Sometimes. That's why I stick to mostly urban caches that late at night, and the comfort of what's on my right hip eases some of the anxiety I might experience.

Brian

Team A.I.

A hip flask of Jim Beam? What a great idea icon_wink.gif The police would just mistake me for someone else on a bender.

I (Sandy) am a banker, Deposit Operations to be exact. No customer contact, but quite a bit of fraud detail. Bob is a roofer, and a carpenter, and a great all around handyman icon_smile.gif

We do the majority of our caching on weekends. We caught one mid-week once because it was by my work and he met me after work so we could find it. Normally it's hard for evening caches because we also have kids at home waiting for dinner icon_razz.gif go figure lol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob - can ya beer me now?

Sandy - bite me

quote:
Originally posted by Touchstone:

BTW, does anyone find nocturnal geocaching as scary as I do? icon_eek.gif

That would be me! I am one of the biggest chicken's around. I would hear every single sound out there and my imagination would run wild and I would start to panic LOL! Bob, on the other hand, could do it no problem.

Cool Bob icon_cool.gif Frazzled Sandy icon_eek.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob - can ya beer me now?

Sandy - bite me

Real Estate Broker. I own a RE/MAX franchise with an amazing staff, which means I go geocaching whenever I want. Usually Mornings, afternoons & weekends. I find time to work a little in the middle of the day. Wow, I love my life.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Because now I am Lost.

3rd shift security guard - I can't say I make a living per se, but...

I cache anytime the mood hits me. I did a cache today after church in the pouring rain. There's nothing like a little rain to keep away the pests - two legged ones, that is!

Sometimes I'll do one when I get out of work at 7am. The rest are on weekends when I can.

---------------------

16x16_smiley-mad.gif Don't hurt me. I'm new here.

I am a Industrial Engineer and the Testing Lab Manager for a luggage manufacturer. My wife and I also make life like dolls.

I cache at lunch, evenings after work and weekends (and when there is a cache in the area...which is not often enough -- Right Btouch?)

Bob ~

Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese...

Isn't the best way to save face to keep the lower part shut?...Stephen Wright

Part owner and Lead geek for a "boutique" web services company that specializes in design and operation of high-availability web sites. Some pretty well known names... Gillette, McDonalds, Exxon-Mobil, Discovery Channel, etc. Actually have managed to stay employed, expand the business, and hire people while the rest of the dot-com bubble imploded.

Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side

I've been unemployed for the last 7 months and caching whenever the heck I feel like it. Fortunately for my career and my family (but to the demise of my daily caching adventures) I've recently landed a job as a Facilities Manager for The Pennsylvania State Police.

I was just starting to think I'd be caught up with CCCooperAgency in no time! icon_biggrin.gif Yea, Right!

Peace!

iBrew

beerchug.gif

Click here to see my Completely Useless Webpage

quote:
Oh, Great Spirit, let us greet the dawn of a new day when all men live as brothers and peace reigns everywhere! "Indian Prayer"

Preaching minister in a church in my home town. I also work part-time doing web work for a couple other ministries.

Life has gotten a lot more full-time since I started caching, but I still manage to find time to sneak away to nab a few caches. Thankfully my job can be fairly flexible at times...which makes up for the times when it's NOT flexible!

Bret

39219_2500.gif "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

I am a field engineer working primarily on the statewide public safety radio system in Indiana.

I travel the state a LOT and I cache when I get a free moment during "working hours" (I set my own) and when I can find time after work and on weekends between TKD, swimming, and youth ministries.

I DO enjoy night caching when the cache is not in a forbidden place or one that would cause undue concern of "prowlers" or suspicious activity.

My "rod" and my staff, they comfort me, also.

"Freedom is a two-way street."

GDAE, Dave

Historian, babysitter, social worker, surragate parent, geographer, shaman, counselor, motivational speaker, violence interventionist, educator, paramedical, recreation therapist, coach, whipping boy, scholar, manager, accountant, programmer, teacher-consultant, parental advisor, mentor, career counselor, healer, janitor, psychological profiler, miracle worker and thug. I geocache in the summers mostly.

If there is a pole at the North Pole, I bet there's some dead explorer guy with his tongue stuck to it.

quote:
Originally posted by GeoVet:

Historian, babysitter, social worker, surragate parent, geographer, shaman, counselor, motivational speaker, violence interventionist, educator, paramedical, recreation therapist, coach, whipping boy, scholar, manager, accountant, programmer, teacher-consultant, parental advisor, mentor, career counselor, healer, janitor, psychological profiler, miracle worker and thug. I geocache in the summers mostly.

If there is a pole at the North Pole, I bet there's some dead explorer guy with his tongue stuck to it.

Whoa!!!! icon_cool.gif

GEOCACHING CHANGED MY LIFE- Laugh everyday life's too short.