New cache alert !

This cache alert is to let you prepare for one tough multi-cache that we have started placing. It will be another week before we have all eight caches in place and ready to submit. Each cache will be a stand alone cache, but you must do them in sequence in order to get the coordinates for each subsequent cache. You will find these coordinates on a sticker on the inside of the lid of the cache container along with any special instructions that may be need. Each cache will have a first finders surprise gift based on Stargate SG1. Like Stargate you must find and lock in the seven chevrons (caches) before you get to go to the destination site (cache #8). This cache has the most stargate (Egyptian) items in it. The first to find prize here is a sweatshirt emblazoned with Stargate SG1 right from MGM.

You will need a high-clearance vehicle for some of these and it might help make the ride better if it is a 4x4. The most you will need to hike will be 3/4 mile or less, with an average of about 4/10s of a mile. There is one leg of this multi that requires driving up the side of a cliff. The road is generally maintained and in good condition but you’re right on the edge and if heights (1000' elevation change) make you nervous it might be a good idea to have someone else do the driving!!

For the first 2 months it will be a Members Only Cache!!

Several of the chevrons (caches) have unactivated travel bugs!!

This multi will require driving 200 + miles but you will see some fantastic places along the way. On some of the caches we will give turning and/or parking coordinates and suggest you use them as a couple of the spots will be difficult to find without them.

We will post when it has been approved.

2oldfarts

Human beings can always be counted on to assert with vigor their God-given right to be stupid.--Dean Koontz

I'm sure this is a nice cache, but you might find a more interested audience in your regional forum.

Also, check with your local approver to make sure your cache conforms with the guidelines. I'd hate to see you go through all this work only to have it rejected.

"Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Dave Barry

icon_biggrin.gif I know I don't have Brian Snat approval to post this here, but I did say I would post when it was approved. It has been approved, so fire-up those 4x4's and get ready to see some beautiful country.

Woodster, you may wish to take a vacation to do some serious 4-wheeling.

Just click on the link. Dial Out SG1

John of 2oldfarts

Human beings can always be counted on to assert with vigor their God-given right to be stupid.--Dean Koontz

At first, I was going to say we would look for the first few stages this month, as we're driving through AZ in just over a week from now. We could finish it off when we come out for the Halloween event cache in Phoenix. Then I looked at the map and saw that it would be too far out of the wasy for this trip.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Edwards:

Very interesting. At first I was going to agree that it probably should have been posted in a local forum, but considering the cool stuff involved, I think this one qualifies to be kicked up a level.

I am very tempted to do this one and I am a state away and don't own a 4 wheel drive.

Dan

A = A

A high-clearance vechicle is definitely required but a 4X4 is not required for the first or second chevron....but most of the others do require a 4X4 or quad or even a dirt bike. Maybe you could consider renting a quad & trailer or ramp it into the back of a pickup as many of the people do around here. We used our 4X4 Dodge Quadcab with me holding on tightly in a couple spots!

Hope you can lock at least a few chevrons...we do not require you do all of the stages to log it as a find, we just ask you tell us how many chevrons you locked in so we are up-dated as to the ones we might need to restock.

Thank you for the kind words....Happy caching! icon_smile.gif

Shirley of 2oldfarts

Sorry BrianSnat, but as I usually agree with you I feel bad to have to say I think it is great it was posted in this area. I wish more people would do so when they have a great cache for folks to find regardless of where it is. I'm probably not going to be able to be one of the FTF'ers, but, I'd consider a long weekend drive out there to at least hit some of it. If it had only been in the local forum I'd not have seen it.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I agree with Breaktrack in the fact that i think this was a good place to post this cache. This sounds like a gooooood one and if the timing would have been right, we would have loved to have tried for it. I think that your cache should be extraordinary, fun, and challenging if you decide to post. Would sure hate to see everyone and their dog start posting their 1/1 cache details here icon_rolleyes.gif

This cache is about the only one that I have seen that should be posted on the forums. I'd love to attempt it as I watch SGI all the time. I live a little too far away to make it a day trip though, and I drive a dodge Stelth with about a 1 1/2" ground clearence on a good day.

I see your lips moving but all I hear is blah blah blah

Finally someone else has picked up on my idea (See the Toy Story series of caches in Louisiana that I placed last year). I was going to do 8 in the series also but stopped with 4 because a very inconsiderate cacher started posting the codes on his web site. I hope you have better luck with it than I did. By the way, I called it a Progressive Series. If interested you can check out my MICRO MANIA series too. I called it a Wagon Wheel series because you could go to one location to get the coordinates to 5 caches, all eminating from that one spot like the spokes of a wheel. It took some convincing to get it approved because the original coordinates were all so close together for these 5 multi minis. Good luck with it.

Life is like being on a dog sled team. If you are not the lead dog the view is always the same.

Complacancy is feeding a tiger steaks while waiting for him to become a vegitarian.

Whoa! Cache sounds most interesting!! We did the Lord of the Ring cache last year in PA....Way fun with the ever present peril of ticks....

Family has been watching SG-1 oftn of late. Great that sci-fi plays consequec. episodes.

Hmm....Arizona in the winter....way better than Buffalo!!!

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)

quote:
Originally posted by Sabaharr:

Finally someone else has picked up on my idea (See the Toy Story series of caches in Louisiana that I placed last year). I was going to do 8 in the series also but stopped with 4 because a very inconsiderate cacher started posting the codes on his web site. I hope you have better luck with it than I did. By the way, I called it a Progressive Series. If interested you can check out my MICRO MANIA series too. I called it a Wagon Wheel series because you could go to one location to get the coordinates to 5 caches, all eminating from that one spot like the spokes of a wheel. It took some convincing to get it approved because the original coordinates were all so close together for these 5 multi minis. Good luck with it.

Life is like being on a dog sled team. If you are not the lead dog the view is always the same.

Complacancy is feeding a tiger steaks while waiting for him to become a vegitarian.

We set all 8 as a multi-cache so hopefully we won't have the same problem of someone giving out the coordinates on their website.

The wagon wheel sounds intriguing. Okay for us to try our hands at it?

The tick season is bad out here Dx, they only grow to be 5 or 6 feet & they're only about 2 inches in diameter, but the make a strange buzzing noise when disturbed. icon_biggrin.gif

John of 2oldfarts

Re. ticks....5 to 6 feet and in the trees......

I went on a ranger guided nature walk yesterday...on venemous animals and poisionous plants....

The ranger said that here in Western New York the crickets and kakadas come down in the summer from the trees...I have a veritable horde in my 3 very large trees...They make the loudest chorus I have ever heard...The beats seem to match the throbbing in my head!..Could they be monster ticks from AZ?

BTW....she said the beasties can freeze in the winter and regenerate in the spring/summer

Hey.....how about an 8 part cache in blizzard season?

At the end point you could open a portal to the Sunny South and West!! icon_smile.gif

Dx

"Have you no news on your travels?" the Book of fairy & folk tales of Ireland (1888)