Tim Horton's Location Project?

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

"...Bought out by Krispy Kreme..."

Actually, Krispy Kreme's first Canadian store opened last year in Mississauga Ontario (just west Toronto). Although highly promoted and blessed with a ton of 'curious novelty' customer traffic in its first few months, most folks up here (myself included) who've sampled Krispy Kreme donuts agree that Tim Horton's has absolutely nothing to worry about ...Tim still makes the best donuts and coffee around.

quote:

Bought out by Krispy Kreme.

You know.. if they cannot even manage to spell 'crispy' or 'cream' why should I think that they could tell the difference between "Doughnut batter" and "Rat poison" when it's printed on a package? Tims all the way!!!!!

quote:

Timmies is like any Dunkin Donuts.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/avatar/72570_1100.jpg

BTW Tully's coffe is the best.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/39197_2100.gif

_Do not extend your expectations unto others, you will not be disappointed by the stupid things they do._

http://www.sigmaxi.org/amsci/articles/95articles/Hunt-full.html

Hey, Zipper-head...did you ask to use that graphic??? icon_wink.gif

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

I can't say much for or against his donuts, but I do recall his talent as a a Leaf defenseman and 4 Cups! His final years were with Buffalo as he helped anchor the defense with the "French Connection" line with his "bear hug" techniques before his untimely death in a car accident the mid 70's.

Now where he learned to make a donut is beyond me, it's hard to believe that anything could beat a Krispy Kreme! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:

"...Timmies is like any Dunkin Donuts..."

No, actually they aren't ...compare their menus sometime.

(and, sad truth be known, Tim Horton's was purchased by Ohio-based Wendy's back in '95 icon_frown.gif)

Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long ago. Which brings me to something I've been curious about just because I think about lame things like this all the time. Up there in Canada do they have the combo stores with Wendy's and Tim Horton's? Down here they're starting to pop up all over. You can walk into one building that contains Wendy's on one half and Tim Horton's on the other. I usually don't have occasion to get up into Canada much.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

quote:
Wow, I didn't realize it had been that long ago. Which brings me to something I've been curious about just because I think about lame things like this all the time. Up there in Canada do they have the combo stores with Wendy's and Tim Horton's? Down here they're starting to pop up all over. You can walk into one building that contains Wendy's on one half and Tim Horton's on the other. I usually don't have occasion to get up into Canada much.

Mr. 0

Mr O,

This is news to me, first we take their Hockey Teams and now Tim Hortons. Are these just located in Ohio or are they in the surounding states?

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. 0:

"...Up there in Canada do they have the combo stores with Wendy's and Tim Horton's?..."

Although the vast majority of each restaurant's Canadian outlets are still 'stand alone', there are a few up here which have the tandem 'Wendy's/Tim Horton's' arrangement you describe (...which is a good thing, since there aren't nearly enough calories in a Wendy's triple-bacon-cheeseburger as it is).

icon_wink.gif

quote:
Although the vast majority of each restaurant's Canadian outlets are still 'stand alone', there are a few up here which have the tandem 'Wendy's/Tim Horton's' arrangement you describe (...which is a good thing, since there aren't nearly enough calories in a Wendy's triple-bacon-cheeseburger as it is).

That TBCB is an Adkin's dream food, that is if you throw away the bun. Can't saw that I know a lot about the Horton menu, is it fast food mixed with donuts?

Here in Utah some of us cachers keep the Wendy's locs handy for a quick bite before grabbing the next cache. It maybe the attraction of that cheap $USD 0.99 menu. icon_eek.gif

Jpjazz

I for one WISH they had Tim Horton's here in MO.. the weather is getting warmer now and I would DIE for an Ice cap... ! A friend of mine in Canada did mail me two tins of coffee though... complete with the take out cups !! weee... I miss My Tims... icon_frown.gif

Si judicas... Cognosce

quote:
Originally posted by Jpjazz:

quote:

That TBCB is an Adkin's dream food, that is if you throw away the bun. Can't saw that I know a lot about the Horton menu, is it fast food mixed with donuts?

Here in Utah some of us cachers keep the Wendy's locs handy for a quick bite before grabbing the next cache. It maybe the attraction of that cheap $USD 0.99 menu. icon_eek.gif

Jpjazz

Tim Horton's isn't really fast food, in the traditional sense. They have deli sandwiches, soups, (Chicken stew in a bread bowl is one of my favorites) coffee, muffins, bagels, doughnuts and stuff like that.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970