Subscription Only Caches=Less Lost Travel Bugs?

Having placed two Travel Bugs and having both been missing in action, perhaps placing/creating a Bug in a Subscription Only/Charter Member Cache would help insure the Bugs survival? We just want to see our bugs move along and not *vanish* as our first two have. Hopefully someone willing to contribute $30 to become a member would know what a Travel Bug is and what to do with it. If you find a bug in a charter member/subscription cache, place it in another member cache or create your own! If anyone has seen Slayer or Buzzy please contact us. All we want is our Travel Bugs to travel the country and not go missing. Thanks

... our Travel Bugs to be found and placed in another cache. However, that has not been the case. We would love.. "People Like Travel Bugs".. to find our Travel Bugs and help them along. All we are saying is perhaps there is a better chance of

Travel Bugs moving along in "MOC'S". Members are more likely to understand the Travel Bug concept. Hopefully less "Let's take the Beanie!"...who knows!? Just a thought we had. Travel Bugs can still be placed in "Non-Member Caches". We just thought people who are willing to contribute would be more apt to help Bugs along. That's all. Not looking to start any debate, just a question/opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by moghedian:

... We would love.. "People Like Travel Bugs".. to find our Travel Bugs and help them along. All we are saying is perhaps there is a better chance of Travel Bugs moving along in "MOC'S". Members are more likely to understand the Travel Bug concept.

I understood what you wrote; sorry you've had bad luck with your travel bugs. I've had several travel bugs pass through my hands, and I always add them to my watch list. Some do seem to stay in people's possession for quite a while before moving on.

So far, I've visited 2 caches expecting to find travel bugs where the bugs had gone MIA, and haven't resurfaced to date.

I fail to see any connection between owning a subscription and the ability to grasp the concept behind travel bugs. As clatmandu stated, MOCs are few and far between in most areas, and travel bug owners have no control over subsequent placements of travel bugs.

But they're your travel bugs. Do what you want with them, and good luck.

I suggested in another thread that perhaps people should have to at least register and be logged on to get co-ordinates for caches, and that part of the registration process would require the reading and agreeing to of rules and guidelines of geocaching including how to use travel bugs, logging your caches online, where not to place caches, and so on. Those who are too paranoid or to self-centered to play by these rules won't be much of a loss if they choose then not to play, and having only players (save those who stumble upon a cache by chance) who know and play by the rules will make the game better and more enjoyable for everyone.

ummmm....not sure what to say here....so ummm, well errrr, uhhhh, well I guess that's it.