Magellan Treasure Contest!

Where do I find this info? I don't even know what the contest is all about.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

In the latter half of August, Magellan decided it was time to move the remaining four ships south to look for a passage. Finally in October, the fleet sighted a strait and started through it. Magellan named it the strait of All Saints, but it later was named after him. The strait was a tricky passage that took the fleet 38 days to pass through. While sailing at night, the crew saw countless fires from distant Indian camps. They called the land Tierra del Fuego (land of fire). During the passage, the captain of the San Antonio sailed his ship back toward Spain, taking with him most of the fleet's provisions. The loss of the San Antonio was a severe blow to the men on the remaining ships. They had to double their efforts to hunt game and fish to keep from starving.

Not necessarily - I made that mistake with an earlier contest cache. There is now a statement on the contest pages that says something to the effect that the cache name is NOT a clue to the cache location, but was picked because it has some connection with Magellan's explorations. frog.gif

Ballast & the Booby

I have a question about the hints.

(I only JUST started following the contest yesterday and have my eye on the one apparently in the Great lakes area.)

From what I can tell from the previous found treasures the hints are useless. Am I wrong?

They only narrow down the location to a given state or city from what I've seen. So there's really no way Anyone is going to find the cache until the post the actual coordinates and then it's a mad race. Am I right about this?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing something. Today I sat like an idiot clicking refresh every five minutes hoping they'd post hint#2. Then I realized the hint isn't really going to give me a headstart. At best it'll let me know if the cache is out of range or close enough to attempt.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."