Multi cache ?

Guest bearboy

Guest bearboy

How many stages are to many? I recently placed a cache that had 2 stages.The first stage all you are looking for is the place where the Coordinates to the real loot are hidden.I know that this isnt all that bad .Whats the most stages you have encountered on a cache? I am planning a 3 stage multi cache and wonder what you folks thought would be too much.Also how far should the stages be placed apart? My cache is about a half mile apart?Thanks

bearboy

Guest makaio

I've got a dodeca (12) waypoint cache hidden here in Oregon.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=2203

Those who have hunted/found it have logged that it takes a few hours and many miles of hiking to visit all the waypoints (all within one large nature park), but when I asked them if I should reduce the number, they've all said no, leave it just as it is. It seems finding the cache makes the reward all that much more gratifying.

Guest c_oflynn

I'm planning on planting one. However each cache has a riddle, that if answered incorectly will end you up at the wrong spot! I'm not sure how many it will have, probably around 4.

-Colin

Guest BGSkierNC

I did an interesting 3-clue/4-leg cache over the weekend. It is A.J.Stash in South Carolina. Each clue had a correct and incorrect answer and different coordinates for each answer. As I found out, the coordinates for the wrong answer leads you to the sign or monument that had the answer for the previous question. So the authors had some forethought on this so that (I suppose) they wouldn't lead someone too far away on the wrong answers. So they were being nice for those that may experience some ID10T errors using their GPS.

I thought 3 clues and 4 legs was just fine for this cache. It took about 2 hours for the entire hunt. Admittedly, an easy one, but OK for my first multi.

BG

Guest daviskw

We?ve a fella in St. Louis that sends you to waypoint one, then gives you an offset in meters that makes you change to UTM to find waypoint 2. Then makes you use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the third waypoint. Then sends you to waypoint four by using a description with directions. Then tells you the track painted on your GPS following from point to point makes an X, and X marks the spot. There are lots of ways to make a Multi cache interesting.

Butch