Cache Idea

bigredmed

My wife (Queen Mikki I) and I had the idea of setting up a geocache in a locale that would be a particularly nice place to watch the sunset with someone. We thought we would leave some items to enhance the experience (like candles, wine bottle opener, etc). This wouldn't be a trading cache, but rather a use the stuff to have your moment, then log in the find.

Questions:

1. Do you think that such a cache would work?

2. Any objections to the concept?

3. Anyone have a preference of name for the cache

Options include: A. "GeoKiss" B. "The GeoSpot"

Naming it "B" might help convince the little woman that you really need to buy the upgraded GPS unit, so you could more reliably find the GeoSpot. However, it could also lead to marital discord when the little woman senses that you are so clueless that you need satellites to find it...

Suggestions for additional elements to include would be welcome.

By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I.

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

Its a good idea until another cacher comes along to the same cache and interupts the romantic moment because they need the bottle opener.

I wouldn't interupt, I'd just wait in the bushes until it was my turn...

I think your problem is low self-esteem. It is very common among losers.

quote:
Originally posted by The Leprechauns:

And I believe the proper terminology to describe brdad's quiet wait under cover would be "bushwacking."

Oh, sorry, that's another thread.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I keep missing my ex-wife. But my aim is getting better.

Illegitimus non carborundum!

You could require the seekers to post a note before they hunt reserving the evening.

----(sig line)---> Did you ever do any trail maintainence? - if so you will know that all but the most worn trails need continuous maintenance to prevent mother nature from reclaiming it. herd paths are quickly reclaimed - k2dave

Make sure the cache isnt too far because wine and cheese can weigh a bit if you're hauling them far. And hope your wife doesn't read this thread, it went downhill pretty fast, with no brakes, from a "romantic spot" to whatever that was you all were thinking. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

Make sure the cache isnt too far because wine and cheese can weigh a bit if you're hauling them far. And hope your wife doesn't read this thread, it went downhill pretty fast, with no brakes, from a "romantic spot" to whatever that was you all were thinking. icon_rolleyes.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

When HRM reads this thread, I will be GeoDead.

So the basic idea is acceptable. icon_cool.gif Any other thoughts as to what to leave in the thing (30cal Ammo can)?

(Perhaps some wet naps for the "bushwackers"? We had thought about glow in the dark condoms icon_razz.gif, but we would like to keep this PG-13 in case kids come along on a find. Of course without the glow in the dark condoms, they might come along after the find....)

icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by bigredmed on September 19, 2002 at 03:18 PM.]

When HRM reads this thread, I will be GeoDead.

So the basic idea is acceptable. icon_cool.gif Any other thoughts as to what to leave in the thing (30cal Ammo can)?

(Perhaps some wet naps for the "bushwackers"? We had thought about glow in the dark condoms icon_razz.gif, but we would like to keep this PG-13 in case kids come along on a find. Of course without the glow in the dark condoms, they might come along after the find....)

icon_rolleyes.gif

[This message was edited by bigredmed on September 19, 2002 at 03:18 PM.]

Here's an idea:

Make it a small multi cache where you have the ammo box at the first set of coords and then have a second set of coords in the box as to view the sunset along with a flag of some sort. This way once someone finds the cache they can then move on to the view without having to worry about bushwackers because they can take the second set of coords with them.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

(Perhaps some wet naps for the "bushwackers"? We had thought about glow in the dark condoms [razz] , but we would like to keep this PG-13 in case kids come along on a find. Of course without the glow in the dark condoms, they might come along after the find....)

----------------------------------------------------

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!!!

quote:
Originally posted by k2dave:

You could require the seekers to post a note before they hunt reserving the evening.

----(sig line)---> Did you ever do any trail maintainence? - if so you will know that all but the most worn trails need continuous maintenance to prevent mother nature from reclaiming it. herd paths are quickly reclaimed - k2dave

Found the cache with no problem. Coords are right on. Took a condom. Left a...um...condom.

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

quote:

So, Bigredmed,

Have you decided on placing the cache or not?

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Decided against it. Though I found some places where one could be placed effectively. Before I get one placed though, I feel duty bound to the caching community to do exhaustive field trials....

remybussi.gif By appointment to the Court of HRM Queen Mikki I. remybussi.gif

quote:

So, Bigredmed,

Have you decided on placing the cache or not?

http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Decided against it. Though I found some places where one could be placed effectively. Before I get one placed though, I feel duty bound to the caching community to do exhaustive field trials....

Especially for those of you men out there who can't get their better halves as enthused about caching as you are. Try to sneak a bottle of wine, cheese etc. Our grocery store makes a small shrimp tray you could take. (Just tell them it's a geocache especially for them. In addition to a corkscrew, etc. you could leave a book of romantic poetry or one of those chicken soup for the soul books. Also leave a camera and have each visiting couple take a picture of their sunset.....would be fun to see all the different ones from the same location. I vote yes.........If one doesn't want to set up a permanent cache, a guy could still use the idea for special night........just pretend it's a real cache. One could hide a proposal in the cache icon_eek.gif........oh man! The romantic possibilities are endless.........

As I said before, we thought about Geocondoms, but we wanted to keep this PG-13 in case kids come to the cache. Without them though, the kids could come after the cache....

Given the revived interest, I might just set up a cache for this. I would have to find someplace that would be tolerable in the winter though. Its coming early to Nebraska this year.