Signiature Items

TeamK-9

Just wandering who all had signiature items for dropping in Cache's and if so, what are they? I myself don't have one but I've been looking at Ice Cream Cone Shooters at Oriental Traiding Company, and I think they might be my signiature item for larger caches, still looking for something for smaller ones though.

So what all do you use?

----

Extra batteries for GPS, don't leave home without 'em.

hi K-9 and welcome to geocaching. I do have signature items, but they keep changing. There are a lot of threads about signature items and since I am not at home, I can't send you a pic, but I did a search and came up with tons of htreads about sig. items. try this link: click here. If that doesn't work, go to "find" at the top of the forum page and type in "signature items" and tons of stuff will come up and you can see the pictures posted there. Have fun!

Cache you later,

Planet

So many caches, so little time.

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

. . . I do have signature items, but they keep changing. There are a lot of threads about signature items and since I am not at home, I can't send you a pic, . . . .

Planet is very creative in the world of signature items. Check out her Geo-Eggs, her beads, necklace and bracelet , and some of her other creations. Good job Planet!

FISUR

Rhode Island Geocaching

I have one of Planets Famous Geo-Eggs and I have to say that it looks great on my Xmas tree, front and center. Thanks again (sweety icon_wink.gif)

Also here is a link to a ton of the sig items in MI along with others. http://www.mi-geocaching.org/~sigitems/

Note my favorite of all time are the victorymike keychains. He hand makes them from wire. They are very cool and well sought after up here in MI even though he has out probably close to a thousand or more.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Caching without a clue....

quote:
Originally posted by BadAndy:

I am currently using old Roman coins. They aren't as expensive as you might think, and it's alot of fun cleaning them up. They have a definate cool factor, and fit into *any* sized cache.

Good show, ol' bean. I say that to segway into a similar notion I had. A friend of mine had a British 1 pound coin. It was really neat looking. I only have the one, and I haven't looked into if they are still availible, but they had a definite heft to them and would be a more convenient route than making a geocoin (which I think of from time to time, but probably will never happen).

quote:
Originally posted by Stunod:

When I reached 50 finds, I bought a bunch of these as a signature item.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/72570_1500.jpg

http://208.55.63.109/images/stunod_sig.gif

_"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson_

__Eamus Catuli AC145895__

What is that part off to the lower left of that clip? I haven't seen a clip with with.

I'm a novice lampworker, and I've been leaving some of my hand made glass beads in each cache we find. Mrs. J made us a logo and etched it on plastic "coins" to leave as our geo-cash icon_smile.gif

I don't know which is worse, the ants I'm standing in, or the sand spurs I walked through to get here...

quote:

When I reached 50 finds, I bought a bunch of these as a signature item.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/72570_1500.jpg

Those are cool, Stunod. I would like to find something like that, for sure. Most times I don't take an item unless I really take a liking to it. Your biner/flashlight (especially signatured) would be my pick.

I'm running out of Dale Earnhardt cards, but I did find a kewl deal on Harry Potter key chains and stuff, so I will be placing them with my mining stickers instead of DE cards.

48511_5100.JPG

Green acres is the place to be.....

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

Those are cool, Stunod. I would like to find something like that, for sure. Most times I don't take an item unless I really take a liking to it. Your biner/flashlight (especially signatured) would be my pick.

Get up to Chicago quick...I'm running out of these and I'm not sure if I will re-order more or get something different.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

Stunod: I saw those on one of those bulk promotional sites, don't remember which one. I had thought of doing those myself! I also saw some neon keychain lights where the batteries could replaced. But, I decided to reorder pencils (which I'm out of now) and some devil ducky toppers instead.

Anyway, for people looking for signature items, run a google search for bulk promo items or similar and you will find many options!

pokeanim3.gif

We began distributing our new wood geotokens this week. They come in two sizes, and 13 colors. Each is marked with our team name and is stamped with different designs. Currently we have 5 designs for the larger ones (I just picked up a 6th one today) and 15 plus designs for the smaller ones. General consensus at the event cache today is that they came out well and are desirable collectables.

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes

On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:

"Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --

"Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling , The Explorer 1898

Here are a couple of pictures of our signature items. We make miniature birdhouses and sign and number each one. Each one is about 2" to 3" tall, and most have been made out of hardwood. People really seem to like them. We try to keep track of who gets them, and to date, we have put out about 90 of them. We number them corresponding to the number of caches we have found. We like to find hand made items in caches, so we thought we would come up with something hand made of our own. There is quite a bit of work involved in making them, but people really seem to like them. 4786_200.jpg

4786_300.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by carleenp:

Stunod: I saw those on one of those bulk promotional sites, don't remember which one. I had thought of doing those myself! I also saw some neon keychain lights where the batteries could replaced. But, I decided to reorder pencils (which I'm out of now) and some devil ducky toppers instead.

Anyway, for people looking for signature items, run a google search for bulk promo items or similar and you will find many options!

http://outbreakcorp.hypermart.net/animation/pokemon/pokeanim3.gif

Another hint: Beware of "screen-printing" of logos on carabiners or keychains. They wear off almost immediately. Get them permanently laser engraved.

stunod_sig.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Eamus Catuli AC145895

I ahve been thinking about sig. items also. Wouldn't it be kinda neat to collect sig. items from other cachers? Sort of a spin off of letterboxing. It would be really cool if the items had the cacher's name and home state on it. Then when you travelled around, you could end up with a momento of your caching adventures that referenced where you went.

yoroddo

I have been using the army paratroopers - who doesn't enjoy tossing one of them in the air? I use them because I figured it was something most people enjoyed and some haven't seen in a long time. I may start looking for something else - but I think I will want to incorporate my paratroopers in there somehow.

Shut up and cache!

quote:
Originally posted by Squealy:

I have been using the army paratroopers - who doesn't enjoy tossing one of them in the air?

I love those things icon_smile.gif

If the parachutes don't have any writing on them, maybe you could design and cut out a signature caching logo for your team and manually stencil it onto the top of the 'chutes with some type of paint. Would require experimentation, of course, but could be an interesting route for a sig item.....

quote:
Been making either skipping stones or worry stones. Depends on what you want to do with them.

Those are really cool!!!! The handmade objects are the best.

I have some friends from a local Irish Dance group that just discovered caching (and not from me, I found out when they placed a cache and saw on my new cache notification that people with an Irish Dance name placed a cache)! They told me tonight that the kids are planning to make little beaded things to place in caches. What was funny is that I don't think they really knew about the concept of a signature item. I think they just thought of it themselves!

And off topic: One of them is also a journalist and is going to do a story on my parent's caching for a section of the paper aimed at active senior citizens! She might also do a regular geocaching piece!

pokeanim3.gif

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by opey one:

Get up to Chicago quick...I'm running out of these and I'm not sure if I will re-order more or get something different.

FWIW, I saw that biner/flashlight at Target over the weekend. My eye just seemed to lock on it after having seen it before! Probably wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

i often like to leave hand made beaded bracelets. for the more difficult to reach sites i like to leave a handmade "Geo necklace" made with a pendant of bone, inscribed with a "primitive" geocacher, found those pendant pieces at a bead store. looking to have some coins made soon i hope, probably plastic or wood.

having to do what the voices in my GPSr tell me to do...

quote:
Originally posted by yoroddo:

I ahve been thinking about sig. items also. Wouldn't it be kinda neat to collect sig. items from other cachers? Sort of a spin off of letterboxing. It would be really cool if the items had the cacher's name and home state on it. Then when you travelled around, you could end up with a momento of your caching adventures that referenced where you went.

yoroddo

Take a look at Puzzlebug's website at www.puzzlebug.com He has a section showing all of the signature items that he has found.

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

Been making either skipping stones or worry stones. Depends on what you want to do with them.

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/120856_900.jpg [/img

Those are very cool. How did you make those?

Webfoot http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/5307_900.gif

_Veni...Vidi...Vicachi._

I came...I saw...I geocached.

Thanks! They are made out of Sculpey. You can read about how to make these here. or check out Mountain Mudbugs tutorial, which is where I got my inspiration.

Team Kender - "The Sun is coming up!" "No, the horizon is going down."

quote:
Originally posted by Team Kender:

Thanks! They are made out of Sculpey. http://www.seamountains.net/geocaching/signatureitems.htm or check out http://www.geocities.com/graphixoutpost/geocoins.html which is where I got my inspiration.

Thanks for the info. I was familiar with them, but couldn't remember where I'd seen them before. Your link to Mountain Mudbugs. I've seen that site before. It looked daunting at the time, but doesn't now for some reason. Go figure.

Webfoot 5307_900.gif

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.