Menu options for posting a new cache?

Guest dustystar

Guest dustystar

When listing a new cache, there are several bits of information that tend to show up often. What about adding a menu to select those items, Jeremy?

I think clicking a button to indicate public land, private land, specific permission granted, cache in trash out recommended, posionous plants warning, insect or spider warning, no dogs allowed, etc would help enter information in a consistant manner. What do you think? Are there other regular items that could be listed? Of am I just working too hard trying to find more work for the already hard working programmer? icon_biggrin.gif

Guest Captain Kidd

I for one do not like to see snakes .The last time I saw a snake it was a rattle snake in AZ. I didn't stop running for at least 500 ft. Also if there are spiders or webs in the area it would helped to be warned as you can be prepared.

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Kidd:

I for one do not like to see snakes .The last time I saw a snake it was a rattle snake in AZ. I didn't stop running for at least 500 ft.

Well I don't either- but that hasn't stopped them from "jumping" out of the bushes at me lately! We heard then saw a rather LARGE rattler Sunday. The week before was some HUGE bright yellow and red thing, and last month one slithered out onto the bike path- right in front of me- UGH!! I turned and ran- my hubby is yelling- "this way, the car is this way" I think he thought I was going to run to the next town lolol!!

I hear ya' on the snake issue!

------------------

~~Smiles~~

Mav

Guest blinddog

Got an idea, What about just listing the coordinates with the new cache name, so you can do your own research to find the cache.

If you need more help finding it, you can click on details to get more information.

Guest BX Tale

At least let us know if we need to pay for parking. And there was this one water hole for swimming that was for local residence ONLY. I was very disapointed after getting wet finding the cache to find out afterard that we weren't allow to swim in the area where the LG was. Also some of the places that I have been to have two parking FEES one for locals and one for outsiders that was usually twice the amount. There should be an option to click on to let us know. But it is also up to the cache owner to inform us this info.

Also, I know that level 1 terrain is SUPPOSED to be flat, and paved- however it often isn't. There is a new post on the Western Region board about good caches for those that are disabled. It would help to be able to check a box saying "wheelchair/crutch accessible". I think most of us just forget to put that kind of detail in our descriptions. Maybe it would also encourgae more people to go hide a 1/1 so we could make this sport/hobby more available to those with special needs!

------------------

~~Smiles~~

Mav

It would be nice to know if you can get to a cache in a wheelchair. I have twin boys with dwarfism, and they are in wheelchairs. They would enjoy goign geocaching with me. Thire are only a few cache around us. So we end up having to drive 100 miles or more to geocache.

Craig