Stats Page

regoarrarr

Guys I made an update to the stats page

www.insidecorner.com/geocaching/stats/

There is now a Missing Logs page. If my site is missing a cache log for you, you caan go to that pageand put in the ID number. Then I will re-request the information from www.geocaching.com for that page, which should clear up most problems.

Combined usernames will still need to be handled by me via email.

Dan, thanks very much for this improvement and your other recent upgrade (links to the logs here on geocaching.com). I enjoy using your site to track my own progress and to spot recent activity in my area without having to "watch" tons of caches.

I'll be submitting a couple of missing logs shortly. Wasn't enough to bother you with, but now it will be easy!

Markwell, for everything there is to know about linking to a specific log, see This Thread.

Wow, for my 100th post, I was actually able to help Markwell by referencing another forum post. Sweet. icon_cool.gif

(EDIT) Update: just went to the stats page and apparently it calls for just the CACHE number, not the number of the missing user log. I'll test it...

(2nd EDIT): Just tested the new feature and it worked like a charm. For each of my missing caches, I entered just the cache ID number (from the URL, NOT the GC number -- example... "1234"). Less than one minute later, they appear in my totals, log lists, etc.

THANKS AGAIN!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on August 21, 2002 at 09:06 AM.]

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on August 21, 2002 at 09:24 AM.]

Dan, thanks very much for this improvement and your other recent upgrade (links to the logs here on geocaching.com). I enjoy using your site to track my own progress and to spot recent activity in my area without having to "watch" tons of caches.

I'll be submitting a couple of missing logs shortly. Wasn't enough to bother you with, but now it will be easy!

Markwell, for everything there is to know about linking to a specific log, see This Thread.

Wow, for my 100th post, I was actually able to help Markwell by referencing another forum post. Sweet. icon_cool.gif

(EDIT) Update: just went to the stats page and apparently it calls for just the CACHE number, not the number of the missing user log. I'll test it...

(2nd EDIT): Just tested the new feature and it worked like a charm. For each of my missing caches, I entered just the cache ID number (from the URL, NOT the GC number -- example... "1234"). Less than one minute later, they appear in my totals, log lists, etc.

THANKS AGAIN!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

"Daddy, are we there yet? No, .17 to go. Are we there yet? No, .16 to go....."

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on August 21, 2002 at 09:06 AM.]

[This message was edited by The Leprechauns on August 21, 2002 at 09:24 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

How do we determine the log number? (I've often wondered this when trying to post to a specific log.)

I think Markwell's question was 'How do I know which cache that I have found is not showing up on Dan's page?'.

If you go to Dan's website and click on 'Log List', you can do a search of your logs. What I did was set the city to 'any', enter my user name in the 'logged by' field, and uncheck all of the 'display' options except 'found logs'. This generated all of my 'found' logs that are counted on Dan's page.

[This message was edited by sbell111 on August 21, 2002 at 09:52 AM.]

I think so. I just tried it and it works like a charm. Since you give the cache number, the stats page must be recounting ALL the finds for a particular cache. That means if you go and edit a "Not Found" to a "Found" and then run over to the stats site and tell it to find the missing logs, it should update your count with the new find (as well as anyone else whose find wasn't counted from this cache). icon_cool.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

I think so. I just tried it and it works like a charm. Since you give the cache number, the stats page must be recounting ALL the finds for a particular cache. That means if you go and edit a "Not Found" to a "Found" and then run over to the stats site and tell it to find the missing logs, it should update your count with the new find (as well as anyone else whose find wasn't counted from this cache). icon_cool.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

Yes - leprechauns is correct. All you need to do is put in the Cache ID number of the cache that has a missing log and it will re-load that page and (theoretically) pick up your log.

As far as changing log types and deleting logs, my site has a bit of a limitation.

If you delete a log it won't delete from my site. Similarly if you change a log type or log date it will still show the old one (though if you go through the Missing Logs page it will pick up the new one). I guess the next thing to do would be to, when I re-load a cache page to delete from my database those logs that don't show up on the cache page. But that's a job for later...

I tried updating a missing log on one of Markwell's caches ... Cachiversary 1: Forget-Me-Nots. He set up a double find under the same ID number ... one the cache and two a carved rock. The update must check for and weed out double requests. Maybe if I change the date on one it'll work.

Also, you're going to hate this ... how do we get a double count off the leader board? I hate to slip from 18th to 24th in North Dakota ... but, one of my three finds there is counted twice. Just think, with 13 finds you could be first in North Dakota. Trust me, I'll never complain about how few caches we've got in mid-Illinois again.

Jeepster

- Road kill on the information highway ...

Dan,

Thanks so much! I had two that didn't show up. I think it was because I originally posted them as no finds, then posted again later as finds.

I used the missing logs id's and they came right up!

I wasn't going to mention it cuz I figured you were hounded, and 2 wouldn't be worth mentioning.

Thanks!

Dan,

Oh, sure. With Walkin Stick on a three week cross country geocaching vacation, you jump right on straightening out my one and only double log on the leader board. What a fine day this is ... his numbers are going up and mine are going down. Darn ... darn ... darn.

Now if I can just figure out how to get Cachiversary to show up twice. If I can figure out how to make it happen, I'm not going to tell Walkin Stick that's for sure.

Seriously Dan, thanks for the update feature.

Jeepster

Changing the date on one of the posts for Cachiversary seemed to work. I now show the cache found on one day and the rock found on the next. I then resubmitted the update request.

Psst, don't tell Walkin Stick that this method works.

Now, lets see. If I create my own virtual cache site. And, then log a find a day for the next two years I'll be able to catch BruceS. Naw, that's way too much like work.

Dan, thanks again for not only the update feature, but all of your hard work on the entire site.

Jeepster

quote:
Originally posted by magellan315:

When I look at the stats for my state I can't move past the first page, as I am on the second page. Clicking "next" does not work if I use AOL, Netscape, or Internet Explorer.

A workaround is to add "&start=25" to the end of the URL in your browser. This will show you the data on the second page. Add 25 to the number after the equal sign for each additional page that you wish to view.

Moun10Bike's Geocaching Pages