What Picture software to use to downsize photos?

I've got Photoshop, Jasc Paint Shop Pro & others, but for just reducing picture size to post, I use Irfanview. It's just real quick & simple. But after reading Cruzins' post I'll have to check out "The Gimp". Love the name. icon_biggrin.gif

"Gimpy"

--N2GLS--

Threadman!!! Wow, I thought you gave up geocaching. I haven't heard from you in a long time. Maybe we should meet half way between our places and go geocaching together sometime.

I like paint shop pro. I also use Lview 3.1 because it opens really fast, is easy to crop pictures. It doesn't have a lot of features though. I just noticed on the Lview Website that there is a Lview Pro. I might have to check it out.

Depends on my mood and how much the picture needs to be edited.

For resizing and color management I use Photoshop 7 (on OS X of course) icon_wink.gif

For just rotating and redeye stuff I use the built in functions in iPhoto.

At work on Windows XP I use Photoshop and on my linux box I use GIMP.

Any or all of these get the job done, the best one that is almost photoshop and is still free is the GIMP.

::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::=::+::

Searching through the cave. Team VaxCave.

87743_200.jpg

Microsoft provides an Image Resizer tool as part of their free Windows XP PowerToys downloads.

From their description:

quote:
Image Resizer

This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

I have successfully resized an entire folder full of photos nearly painlessly. icon_smile.gif

You can download the Image Resizer PowerToy here.

For small quantities of work, though, I use Corel PhotoPaint.

I use either Pantshop Pro (for simple resizing it is one of the quickest) or for more detailed work I will use PhotoShop or Microsoft Digital Image Pro 7.0 - depending on my mood.

--------------------------------------------------

If you're ever stuck in some thick undergrowth, in your underwear, don't stop and think of what other words have "under"; in them, because that's probably the first sign of jungle madness.