Does anyone remeber this topic

ETDiver

There was a discussion Listed here that was started by a mother who found a log book in her sons room and wanted to return it . she got married and people donated money to buy the family a GPS for there honisty. where is it . I was following it and now cant find it . what is it listed under or what is the link to it . Help please I must know how it ends . Thanks Etdiver

The thread you are thinking of has a happy enough "public" ending. Lysa got married, and generous geocachers chipped in and presented her with a brand-new GPSr.

But the terrible truth is, Lysa has turned into a #geocache chat channel junkie. Her son has called the child welfare agency.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was formerly employed by the Department of Redundancy Department, but I don't work there anymore.

LOL!!! Yes.. alas it is true... I am a junkie... but I am in therapy and as a result have cut down my chat lurking to a minimum... I went out by myself to find my first cache and realised how completely blonde I am ... got lost and decided to research a little more =) I would tell you my terrible caching adventure but it's really too embarassing.. NEVER FEAR though, I am going out again on Saturday and I wont come home till I find something...

Lys

Si judicas... Cognosce

Oh, please do tell. We've all got our horror stories and being a bunch of sadistic voyeurs, we love to hear them.

You can even make up a happy ending if it'll make you feel better, but we can see right through those.

Mickey

quote:
Originally posted by lysa:

LOL!!! Yes.. alas it is true... I am a junkie... but I am in therapy and as a result have cut down my chat lurking to a minimum... I went out by myself to find my first cache and realised how completely blonde I am ... got lost and decided to research a little more =) I would tell you my terrible caching adventure but it's really too embarassing.. NEVER FEAR though, I am going out again on Saturday and I wont come home till I find something...

Lys

Si judicas... Cognosce

Mickey

Max Entropy

More than just a name, a lifestyle.

quote:
Originally posted by georgeandmary:

quote:
Originally posted by MaxEntropy:

Oh, please do tell. We've all got our horror stories and being a bunch of sadistic voyeurs, we love to hear them.

You want horror stories... here's one.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=41391

Yeah, that was pretty tragic. With 2000+ finds between us, we spend over 4 hours looking and all we find is some little box with a crystal in it. I tell ya though, the Blondies Pizza made it all worth it to me. I had sworn off this cache but now that it's been found a couple times, I think I might be up for trying again.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Thank you one and all . It was good to read the happy ending . I had to share this with my brother because one of my caches came up missing and was returned in a simaler manner . He was the last one to see it before it went MIA . He also was the first to go look for it when word came that it was missing. and strange as it is . the mother of the finder contacted him rather than me when she wanted to return it ? Did he put his name on it ? I wonder? when I told him where and why I was going to place it he bugged me all winter to hurry up and get it placed or he would do it .