How to find a user?

Team Shuey

I had a user contact me through the systems email, and I erased it by mistake before I could reply. The problem is that my Microsoft Outlook will delete it immediately instead of placing it into the delete folder so it can be deleted later.

The user was mr&mrsabc, and I can find nothing on them. I do know who they are, and I turned them onto the sport, but have no other way of contacting them.

Any ideas?

--SHUEY

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

I know that they only have one find. It is a vendor of mine, and I was telling them about geocaching. I received an email through the system, and they were telling me that they found one in California, and it was their first find. I am sure that they would have logged it, so I figured I should be able to contact them by their username?

quote:
Originally posted by civilwarranger:

Try the search feature. If they posted anything, it will show up.

If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE

You know what their user name is? ...exactly?

GO HERE and enter their user name in the "Or, Caches found by username:" field. Click on any results and go to the cache page. Then look in the logs for their name. You might have to show more logs. When you find their name, click on it, it will take you their profile.

Hope that helps!

CR

72057_2000.gif

I searched for them in 'Caches found by username' and came up with nothing. Either they didn't log online, or you've got their username wrong. If you know what cache they found, look on the cache page to see if they logged. Otherwise, there's probably a way to retrieve deleted emails in Outlook. I'm sure someone here can tell you how.

Fnwu n ies galu rnseupyu cesf pucieut. Aj yahltu tagu aj sfug nys bhgi - sfuq'lu ajsup tshbupst, jal funwup't tnzu. - Sullq Rlnsyfuss

I tried Mr and Mrs ABC, Mr. & Mrs. ABC, Mr and Mrs abc, you name it. No luck. If it isn't too late try your recycle bin? Deleted messages can still be found if you haven't shut down since it was deleted, I believe. Mine is on my desktop, look for yours. Also if you have the exact spelling of their user name, try a search using that, or send it to me and I'll look for them. And as SimonG said, if you know which cache they found AND they registered AND they logged it, go to that page and click on their profile and from that page you can e-mail through the website.

Cache you later,

Planet

Afraid of heights? Not me, I'm afraid of widths!

Go to Dan's stats site and select the "Log List" feature. Then enter California for the location and as much of the user name as you think you know, since partial name searches are allowed there. It'll pull up anything close, and regardless of whether it's a found log, a not-found or a note. Alternatively you could just wade through the recent logs on the California list or one of the city lists and hope to spot a familiar name.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

Next time, instead of getting married, I think I'll just find a woman I don't like and buy her a house.

quote:
Originally posted by Sissy-n-CR:

It went through the system as I got my CC.

Hope I didn't step on any toes by emailing them.

CR

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/72057_2000.gif

I tried everything, and finally something worked... What did? I haven't a clue, but I did get in touch with them.

Thanks again,

Team Shuey

Riverview, Florida

Shuey's Web Site

Buy CamelBaks

CLICK HERE