Medical Malpractice?

Today I was listening to the radio while driving into work, and heard a commercial for a local hospital that touted their cutting-edge technology. One of the examples they gave was using "sophisticated global positioning technology" as a guide to assist orthopedic surgeons.

Did I hear this wrong? I immediately formed a picture of a nurse with a yellow ETrex, saying "OK cut right there, doctor... oh, wait, the pointer just turned, move ten feet to the left.... uh oh, we just took a kidney out of patient 3, instead of removing his tonsils..."

Or maybe the surgeons just use a GPSr to navigate around the golf course.

If there's anyone in the medical field who could explain this, I'd be grateful.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Thanks, Scanogram! I knew someone would have a reasonable explanation for what I heard.

OK. Now we can get off-topic and post more jokes about GPSr's and cache hunting in the operating room.

October 22 by Hospital Chaplain (23 found)

Found this cache in bad shape. Contacted the owner and His wish was for this cache to be archived. Administered last rites. For those of you still wanting to log this cache, it can be viewed at the Event Cache this weekend. Note location change to Jones Brothers Funeral Home.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?