T-shirts, ATTN:hydee+jeremy

kevin917z

I like the new t-shirt Groundspeak came out with, finally a short sleeve non-white shirt! Are any more in the works? I wish there were short sleeve non-white t-shirts with the Geocaching logo on it. what do other people think? I just made 2 real quick in adobe, maybe other people can post pictures of their ideas too.

65320_400.jpg

65320_600.jpg

65320_800.jpg

[This message was edited by kevin917z on October 03, 2003 at 08:48 PM.]

I would like to see some made up with a small logo off center on the front, without wording, and a big logo on the back with "you are the search engine" wording. Basically a combination of the two you're showing here. Good job!

lookerline_e0.gif

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

mystats.php?userid=GeoFool&bgcol=FFFFF0&fgcol=000000&imbadge=y&badgetyp=chitown.jpg

They used to have something like the second design, but I don't see it currently offered. The closest is the crayon logo. I have one of the original ones and I'm pretty sure I got it from the Groundspeak store. Simple is always good. big_smile.gif

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

How about some shrits/hats WITHOUT the "your are the search engine" slogan? I feel like an even bigger dork than usual with that on my head. Thankfully it doesn't stand out very much on my current gc hat. icon_cool.gif

I'm serious though... how about a dark shirt with just the logo? Please? Pretty please? Or a black version of the baseball cap? icon_biggrin.gif

oregongeocoinsbtn.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by J&MBella:

OK. I've got a couple...

fc82ee28-02d4-46f7-937d-8bcb2dc2cc38.jpg

This is what I'd like to see. A good quality polo shirt with the geocaching logo on it. Embroidered would be cool. We have a place down here that is doing embroidered polo shirts on high quality polo shirt material and we're paying $21 bucks per shirt for them at our school for the teachers on staff. It's a bargain. I'd love to have one like this with the geocaching logo on it. Maybe not that kind of green, more of a tan or dirt color and someone else suggested.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

sigavatar.gif

quote:
Originally posted by kevin917z:

I like the new t-shirt Groundspeak came out with, finally a short sleeve non-white shirt! Are any more in the works?

kevin917z I really, really like your t-shirt design I would own it now if I could buy one.

All of my Sunrise t-shirts look real bad! White and Caching for me do not mix.

Jeremy I must say I like the new Navy Blue one and will be purchasing one on payday. icon_biggrin.gif

Pepper

icon_geocachingwa.gif

Horizontals where it's at!

In another thread I saw the suggestion of a Groundspeak raincoat. I'm not sure why that one got locked, or why the image was removed - but the idea is a good one.

I don't think I'm that far off topic - since this topic is about suggested GC.com logo'd clothing.

You can get simple rain ponchos from Wal-mart for about 88 cents. I'm sure there is a company out there somewhere that does custom ponchos or even nicer raincoats (and maybe umbrellas? heheh).

A running sticky-thread for SUGGESTIONS would be great. I know most items wouldn't get used, but every now an then a gem of an idea pops up.

southdeltan

As a female cacher, I never leave home without a bandana; they come in handy for so many things. That would be a useful item for me. Also, I really like the idea of earthtones for t-shirts as well; they are my preferred colors anyway. As previously stated, white shirts and caching don't mix well; and I dont wear black.

PeachyPA

quote:
Originally posted by southdeltan:

In another thread I saw the suggestion of a Groundspeak raincoat. I'm not sure why that one got locked, or why the image was removed - but the idea is a good one.

I don't think I'm that far off topic - since this topic is about suggested GC.com logo'd clothing.

I assume it got locked because the image was of a condom type of "raincoat", rather than the apparel kind that it was meant to be.

Brian

www.woodsters.com

I know there has to be some company that prints on cheap disposible rain ponchos. I have a paper route for a local paper, and they give us a couple ponchos with their logo on the back every once and a while. Nothing great, but they keep you dry.

----

Extra batteries for GPS, don't leave home without 'em.

I love the tie!! I have to wear a tie regularly and all of my ties are fun ties, so that one would fit right in!!

I mentioned this on a previous post...

[best Mel Brooks voice]

Merchandising, merchandising, where the real money for the website is made.

Geocaching the T-shirt.

Geochaing the lunchbox.

Geocaching the coloring book.

Geocaching... the flamethrower! Kids love it.

And my favorite, Geocaching the Doll -- Jeremy!

---------------------------------------------------

Free your mind and the rest will follow 30296_400.gif

And may no Admin bricks 19490_2600.gif fly your way

Leatherman, You da man! As a rather buxom female, I try not to have pockets on my t-shirts. I, too, like the tie. My husband and my 15 y.o. son may have to take turns wearing it (son needs a tie for school and likes cool looking ones). I like Sam's design for a GC t-shirt and would purchase one if it were available. Couldn't go caching today, had to work a fundraiser at son's school. icon_frown.gif

PeachyPA

Awesome shirt designs. I'd really like to see the polo shirt with the logo stitched in. Geocaching.com under it in small print would be ok too. I agree about a tan colour. Something other than white. (White does terrible things to people with really fair skin tone)

The t-shirts are great. I'm not partial to the "You are the search engine" A bit too geeky for me. (No offence!) I'd like to see something simple and a bit more dressy - like the polos.

PLEASE make them available in Canada too!

"You are cleared for geocaching."

All the designs look great, we especially like the earth-tone colors. We look terrible in white, and besides, it shows too much dirt whilst caching. (There's a reason that hiking shoes are mostly brown!) Khaki, tan, maybe a nice blue (but NOT pastel!) would be great!