additions to the FAQ/suggestions?

Guest cache_ninja

Guest cache_ninja

ok, its obvious that certain specific things have been asked on here over and over by new people when they first get started..invariably many others, like myself, who have been answering questions and such have suggested updating the FAQ for this reason. so, if you have some suggestions for additions to the FAQ post them here, and hopefully Jeremy will include them, so he doesn't have to do a ton of work writing up things, and its easy to implement, please, post a question you think should be in there, and answer it best you can(dont worry if you totally dont know the answer, others on here will add to it), that would be the best way i think... thanks. i'll add my own suggestions in a little bit. if jeremy wants to leave the FAQ as is for aesthetic reasons and whatnot, we could always host this new stuff somewhere else, and just point people to it as FAQII or something... so lets get it going!

Guest Markwell

Thanks for echoing what I said here.

I think the 9 I suggested there cover a lot. I haven't come across too many others - except maybe...

Do I need a GPS receiver for Geocaching?

Yes. Geocaching with clues is called letterboxing and can be found at www.letterboxing.org.

There. I feel better. icon_wink.gif

Guest Markwell

Thanks for echoing what I said here.

I think the 9 I suggested there cover a lot. I haven't come across too many others - except maybe...

Do I need a GPS receiver for Geocaching?

Yes. Geocaching with clues is called letterboxing and can be found at www.letterboxing.org.

There. I feel better. icon_wink.gif

Guest cache_ninja

ah nice, didnt see that thread, i feel like there must be more stuff, technical as well as extremely obvious stuff...hopefully some more people will contribute here, or there...

Guest Markwell

Just read my earlier thread. I sounded like a jerk. Sorry. icon_redface.gif

What I meant to say was "Great minds think alike." icon_biggrin.gif I feel we could use some more for the FAQII, but I'd like some others' input as well.

Guest Markwell

Just read my earlier thread. I sounded like a jerk. Sorry. icon_redface.gif

What I meant to say was "Great minds think alike." icon_biggrin.gif I feel we could use some more for the FAQII, but I'd like some others' input as well.

Guest cache_ninja

huh? now you misread me! i totally didnt take it that way, dont worry. i just mean that if i saw your earlier thread, i wouldve posted there, which i will do when i get a chance, its too bad not many others chimed in with suggestions, i had expected many others would be anxious to update it..

Guest Cape Cod Cache

Just a minor one, add a forum for the political stuff. Too many issues to clutter up other forums, and they seem to be on everyone's mind.