Converting DegDec to MinDec

I have TI30X-IIS calculator that will let me convert longitudes and latitudes in various ways. I can't for the life of me figure out how to convert DegDec to Mindec or MinDec to DMS. I'm using MS Streets and Trips with a Garmin Etrex and I thought these conversions would make it easier to make my maps without having to switch the format back and forth on the Etrex.

quote:
Originally posted by Hogrider95:

Thanks for the info, but what I'm trying to do is convert the decimal degrees that MS Streets and Trips gives me, to the degree decimal-minute format that this site uses for it's main coords.

Just multiply the decimal portion by 60. Example: 97.506355* = 97* (.506355 * 60 = 33.813)' icon_cool.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

quote:
Originally posted by Hogrider95:

Thanks for the info, but what I'm trying to do is convert the decimal degrees that MS Streets and Trips gives me, to the degree decimal-minute format that this site uses for it's main coords.

Just multiply the decimal portion by 60. Example: 97.506355* = 97* (.506355 * 60 = 33.813)' icon_cool.gif

... Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--

I took the one less traveled by, ...

unclerojelio

I finally got all the figures I needed. Thanks to everyone that responded. After only being in the sport for a couple of weeks I only have one thing to say........GOOD SPORT, GOOD PEOPLE. Markwell, thanks for the post. I found some stuff on your site I didn't even know I needed to know. In other words I've got a lot to learn.