Copying geocaching logo

PoffGang

quote:
Originally posted by PoffGang:

I would like to leave notepads I made (w/your geo logo I drew on front) in caches I find. Was just checking to see if this is OK or if it would violate any copyright laws. Thanks!

Poffgang

Geocaching Logo Usage and Trademark Information

"The Groundspeak Geocaching Logos may be used only on non-commercial items. These items may include, but are not limited to shirts, hats, coins, logbooks, stickers and cache containers. Additionally, the Groundspeak Geocaching logos may not be modified in any way. If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted."

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

Originally posted by Prime Suspect:

If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted."_

I feel stupid for asking, but what does this part mean?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bob - can ya beer me now?

Sandy - bite me

Please don't misquote.

quote:
If the lifetime use of the design is less than 25 units, you may consider permission automatically granted. These items may not, under any circumstance, be sold. For larger numbers of items, please request permission by sending an email to logo@Groundspeak.com.

After 25, ask. It isn't that difficult to ask.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

Please don't misquote.

Please don't accuse me of misquoting. That was a exact word-for-word http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=excerpt, with a link provided to the entire document.

I think Jeremy meant that you did not quote the entire/relevant part of the paragraph. His quote added a couple of additional lines to the end.

-gt

-Stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a broadband connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

quote:

Please don't accuse me of misquoting. That was a exact word-for-word, with a link provided to the entire document.

Sheesh. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Everything's not an attack or a conspiracy. IF folks actually read the entire logo usage guidelines, they would realize that a simple email request would do the trick.

smile.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy:

quote:

Please don't accuse me of misquoting. That was a exact word-for-word, with a link provided to the entire document.

Sheesh. Don't get your panties in a bunch. Everything's not an attack or a conspiracy. IF folks actually read the _entire_ logo usage guidelines, they would realize that a simple email request would do the trick.

I didn't consider it an attack or a conspiracy. I did consider it an unwarranted accusation. However, I shall endeavor to keep my undergarments in an unbunched state. eusa_doh.gif

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."