Haunted Places?

Team GPS

This exactly a 'cache', persay, but I'm sure one could go about leaving something or catching some .mpgs of it.

Anyways, there is a fire house near N41 28.299 W81 08.701 in Ohio that is supposively haunted. I've never seen the ghost however a friend of mine who works there has indicated to me that there something there...that it passes across the second floor in a diagional manner. And, if your lucky you might be able to see it from the outside windows! The coordinates are withing 600 feet of the fire house, however you have to look for it icon_smile.gif

Next, everyone knows what abandonded building's look like, but I think this one takes the cake. Its an abandonded school in Chester, Ohio! The easiest way to locate it is to head to the Rt 322 and Rt 306 intersection in Chesterland, and turn onto Chillicothe Road. If you are heading towards Saint Ansylm's School you've gone the wrong direction! If you pass a shopping center, your in the right direction now! The coordinates of the school are roughly N41 31.811 W81 20.244, but you might need to go inside. THERE ARE NO TRESSPASSING SIGNS POSTED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK! A hint for a way is: "Water flows downhill, and slinkies do too." Sit in the room that the entrace is in, and listen. If you feel the need to explore you may, but the rumor is there was once a man who was living in the school...and no one knows where he went. There are reminders of people that have been inside before, its a very scary atmosphere.

Once I come up with, or hear more about some other places I will post them! I'm finding something on the Inter Urban Line now...Call it an Urban Legend, but I am going to track it down!

- Fly

M. Swanker

Garmin GPS VTHERE ARE NO TRESSPASSING SIGNS POSTED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!

There is a rumor around here, that there is some sort of old bunker complex in gates mills. I have traveled the area myself, but in the dead of winter, and the cold was too much for me.

Anyways, on County Line Road, a bit North of Brooklane lies a small Horticulture Center. Enter the drive and park the car, making sure to set it as a waypoint! Investigate there area to the left and right of the parking lot, you may notice a lot of concrete..and something sticking out of the ground. Feel free to investigate them.

You will also notice a long road going back into the woods. Taking the road all the way back leads to a culdasak and..some sort of structure. Invistage that area! There are many interesting features on the property, many of which even I haven't figured out. However, someone there is a bunker. If your lucky, it will still be filled with goodies from the people who hid there for Y2K! Good luck, and happy hunting. Here are the coordinates for the Center: N41 33.757 W81 23.450

Enjoy! PS: Look in the woods too, there is a lot between the two development.

Mike (BrushFire)

Garmin GPS V

My brother is stationed at Fort Polk, LA. They have a witch legend there -- I forget the exact name, The Rose Wood Witch or something. Anyway, they'll be doing night training in the wild there and hear this strange whooshing sound going past them. Recently my brother was out at night and his compass (that's as on-topic as this story gets, I'm afraid; they don't use GPS for training there) essentially froze, not pointing north, as he was hearing these whooshing sounds. Kinda spooky.

migo_sig_logo.jpg

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

I know this topic has been around the forums quite a few times, but it's so much fun, I can't resist pointing out the following 'Haunted' caches for those who haven't seen 'em listed before...

First of all, there's something for just about everyone (no matter where you live) to enjoy at the famous 'Ghostbusters' cache (hosted right here in Chicagoland by good ol' Cachew Nut). Although some people despise them, this is a great example of just how much fun a Locationless can be:

Ghostbusters Cache

If you're actually visiting in Chicago, our own Dr. Spyro has put a cache into the most haunted spot in the entire area, famous for having the greatest number of paranormal sightings in the state. Local geocachers have witnessed some very strange things here, so be sure to read the logs:

Everdon

Like Los Angeles, the Chicagoland area has many interesting graveyard caches, probably the best known being Al Capone's final resting place Gangster's final hideaway. It's fascinating, but not as spooky as an isolated little cemetary I just visited as part of a local multi - Privilege and Poverty This forlorn little place, no longer active, was filled with graves of orphans and young girls, who died years ago when 'residing' in a 'home' for delinquent girls... a very disquieting place!

quote:
Originally posted by BrushFire:

There is a rumor around here, that there is some sort of old bunker complex in gates mills. I have traveled the area myself, but in the dead of winter, and the cold was too much for me.

Anyways, on County Line Road, a bit North of Brooklane lies a small Horticulture Center. Enter the drive and park the car, making sure to set it as a waypoint! Investigate there area to the left and right of the parking lot, you may notice a lot of concrete..and something sticking out of the ground. Feel free to investigate them.

You will also notice a long road going back into the woods. Taking the road all the way back leads to a culdasak and..some sort of structure. Invistage that area! There are many interesting features on the property, many of which even I haven't figured out. However, someone there is a bunker. If your lucky, it will still be filled with goodies from the people who hid there for Y2K! Good luck, and happy hunting. Here are the coordinates for the Center: N41 33.757 W81 23.450

Enjoy! PS: Look in the woods too, there is a lot between the two development.

Mike (BrushFire)

Garmin GPS V

Speaking of military bases.....I recently hid a cache in an area, that I believe was once part of military base. I know that there was once a very large base in the area, but I'm not aware that it stretched to this area. The area that it's in looks like it was used for agricultural use for a while, but when I investigated some of the buildings a little closer I noticed somethings, like a sign saying something about explosives, that indicates that it just might be part of a military base. I used to live about 1.5 miles away..when I first found this area about 3-4 years ago there was a lot more evidence of it being a military base. I don't know of it being haunted...however I do know that part of the military base that truly did exist was used as a German POW camp during WWII... Anyhow if you ever get a chance to make it to central OH, check out Abandoned cache.