Your most favorite cache log that you created??

GOT GPS?

What an excellent thread! I’m really enjoying reading these logs. I was expecting more text than GOT GPS? included in his log, but his stats and photos are great, especially the colored ‘map’ drawing of the coaster. JamieZ, you certainly had a fascinating adventure, I liked the part about the ‘Three Monkeys’ cache (how serendipitous) and the lady with her dog – all that on a dare! I certainly sympathize with travisl and his ‘no find’(why are they often more interesting than the ‘finds’?) but I enjoyed his ‘find’ entry as well, although I thought maybe the goats were going to eat the Frisbee (waaaaaa)!

I love logging a cache (often more than actually finding it) and a really good cache can especially inspire(?) me. I just can’t decide which is my own favorite, but here are a couple of examples (please excuse the purple ink)…

Putt Putt Geocaching

the haunting Call of the Wood Weasel

April 27 by mrcpu (79 found)

We started out parking closest to the cache. It was around 11pm and a beautiful full moon was shining down on the lake. The sight was awsome!

Servman and I headed down the hill and got to the edge of the water. 25m Straight out into the swamp, our gps's said. We went up and down the trail taking bearings and shooting them with our Tritium compass. Yep. It had to be planted just the other side of the deep water.

We went back up to the car and drove around to the other gate. The plan was to see if we could walk in across the grassy marshy area. We walked in and took the first trail on our left. After about 5 minutes of walking we realized we were going to end up exactly where we were before. We doubled back and down the hill.

At the bottom of the hill I carefully stepped out onto the grass. It was damp underneath but not too bad. I started walking and after a few minutes noticed that it was getting a bit wetter. Since I was wearing my work cloths I decided to try going from one clump of grass to another. I was getting very close to the cache area. I took a step.

The icy swamp water poured into my shoe. The pain was instant but brief as my foot instantly started to go numb. CRAP. I tried to step way and my other foot joined the first in a world of icy numbness.

At this point I decided that I was committed. Of course at this point if our wives had seen us, they probably would have had us committed.

Servman was walking along the path on the shore. As I started wading towards the cache I heard my radio, Are You Wadding?. I tersly replied, YES

How's the water?

cold

After about 20 minutes of going back and forth at 0m I decided it was time to check for a hint. Out across the icy swamp a blue glow shone out, the backlight for my Kyocera Palm smartphone. I tried to surf the net. CRAP. No signal.

After 30 minutes of wadding in icy cold swamp water, no longer being sure if I still had feet, I decided it was time to call it quits. I headed straight into the shore, the water almost to my knees. I tried to climb the bank but my numb feet did not want to cooperate.

As I got to the top of the bank and the trail I noticed Servman checking around a fallen tree. I was taking my shoes off to pour the water out when I heard a crash! Servman arrived a few minutes later. He decided that I couldn't have all the fun so he had slipped and gotten one of his feet soaking wet too!

When I got home I read the clue. I will go back and this cache will be mine!

You know your addicted to caching when..... 11pm, knee high icy cold swamp water, and it was FUN!!!

April 26 by servman (76 found)

[delete this log] [Encrypt this log]

Cacher's web site

As the crashing turned to splashing I feared the worst. I keyed my mike, Are you wading?, I asked. The reply came back, Yes. The water's cold! Needless to say we didn't find it, after mrcpu splashed around in the swamp for about 1/2 hour, in his good office shoes no less, we gave up. Maybe daylight will reveal something that just wasn't there at 11:30 on a friday night.

Ian

Mobile Cache Command

Heh.. our favorites are when we get ourselves in a bind. You woulda thunk the favorite log would be something about. "Found this one easy, could see it from the road." Instead, I read about people getting wet, and being out at night, and in the rain.

On that note, here's my least favorite, favorite log: I call it Niki. You'll have to be logged in, as the cache has been archived.

Jamie

I was curiously browsing cache pages for caches hidden in other parts of the country and came across one that had me in complete stitches. It was a Not Found logged by someone who had no previous finds. It said something along the lines of...

"Looked around for about 45 minutes after we were sure we were at the right coordinates. Only thing we could find was an old military ammunition box inside a rotted out tree trunk, but no sign of the cache."

The funny thing is that the cache description, if I recall correctly, said that the cache was in an unmarked ammo can. They found it and didn't even know it!

I looked and looked for the cache page before I posted this, but couldn't find it. If I recall correctly, it was somewhere in the upper midwest. Anybody recognize that log?

Always wear proper caching safety equipment!

60748_1200.jpg

Here's our log. Scroll up from this log to see the rest. It was quite an adventure for us. Apparently, my math sucks without a calculator, because all of my mistakes were math related. I got all of the themed clues correct. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

P.S. For those in the area, this is a must do Multi-cache, but it's a tough one to do in one day. The **** difficulty is dead on.

Here's our log. Scroll up from this log to see the rest. It was quite an adventure for us. Apparently, my math sucks without a calculator, because all of my mistakes were math related. I got all of the themed clues correct. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

P.S. For those in the area, this is a must do Multi-cache, but it's a tough one to do in one day. The **** difficulty is dead on.

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=18069&logs=y&decrypt=#471161 Scroll up from this log to see the rest. It was quite an adventure for us. Apparently, my math sucks without a calculator, because all of my mistakes were math related. I got all of the themed clues correct. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

Living within 5 miles of the border between Virginia and North Carolina and having read (numerous times) Byrd's "two" versions (the official and unofficial-but-what-really-happened) of his survey of the line, I have to say that your log was very reminiscent of Byrd's expedition.

60748_1200.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=18069&logs=y&decrypt=#471161 Scroll up from this log to see the rest. It was quite an adventure for us. Apparently, my math sucks without a calculator, because all of my mistakes were math related. I got all of the themed clues correct. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

Living within 5 miles of the border between Virginia and North Carolina and having read (numerous times) Byrd's "two" versions (the official and unofficial-but-what-really-happened) of his survey of the line, I have to say that your log was very reminiscent of Byrd's expedition.

60748_1200.jpg

Updated My Cache Log and also updated USER PROFILE.

They are quite wordy now.

Really neat cache log now, only problem is that this roller coaster addiction is taking away from my geocaching, but now the thrill ride season is about over, and the geocaching season is swinging into action(problem with bad bugs here in Detroit).

The posted logs in this thread are great, thanks.

------------------------

5_Rubik.gifMy home page about GPS units and information

I don't know if I'd call the Power Tower a roller coaster, exactly...

You realize that since you missed the Mean Streak, Blue Streak, and the Mantis you'll have to go back. There's still a couple of weekends left in the season so you can redeem yourself. icon_smile.gif

By the way, I'm under the impression that editing logs does not generate watch list emails; only deleting and reposting them does. It might email the cache owner for each edit, though.

Fuzzy, 2002 Cedar Point Season Pass Holder.

Oh, yeah... one of my favorite logs.

warm.gif

[This message was edited by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy on September 06, 2002 at 02:26 PM.]

I don't know if I'd call the Power Tower a roller coaster, exactly...

You realize that since you missed the Mean Streak, Blue Streak, and the Mantis you'll have to go back. There's still a couple of weekends left in the season so you can redeem yourself. icon_smile.gif

By the way, I'm under the impression that editing logs does not generate watch list emails; only deleting and reposting them does. It might email the cache owner for each edit, though.

Fuzzy, 2002 Cedar Point Season Pass Holder.

Oh, yeah... one of my favorite logs.

warm.gif

[This message was edited by Warm Fuzzies - Fuzzy on September 06, 2002 at 02:26 PM.]