Compliment Dept

Okay, the Complaint Dept has been VERY busy. It's time to hear the other side of the coin.

If it's working for you, sound off here!

For one, the Pocket Query is a very nice feature. After setting it up, we used it with ExpertGPS for one caching trip. For our next trip, we downloaded the Mobi Reader and will save a few trees by downloading to a Palm!

1. The forums are more civilized here than most corners of the 'net, IMHO. If there was not intelligent discussion and good humor, I wouldn't waste time here.

2. There is always someone who knows the answer to any question and helps you promptly. That's rare, too. And often that quick "someone" is an Admin. That's even rarer.

3. For its complexity, I'm amazed that the site doesn't crash more often.

4. The design of the site is intuitive and not cluttered. It makes it easy to jump right in and find your first cache and later hide your first cache.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

I would like to thank Bryan Roth over at Sunrise Identity who is the company that you buy your Geocaching gear from. He took very good care of this customer, even on the weekend. Also I would like to thank Brad Strong over at BSTRONG Accessories for the great service he and his crew gave with the GPSr screen protectors.

I could go on for a while but will stop at thanking Jeremy for the great work he has done here and the work on the vests that he is putting forth.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Coming Around, New Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Everyone does a great job! icon_biggrin.gif Jeremy is always checking the posts on the forums and answering eveyones questions. The items I have ordered have been delivered promptly without any problems. icon_razz.gif What else could anyone else ask for.

My wife says put a coordinate on it and I'll find it.

I enjoy the forums. I have even made contact with a couple of geocachers in my area that I look forward to meeting soon and perhaps caching with. I love every park I've been to, every open space, every waterfront, every mountain peak. I love my Garmin Legend and I love the $50 check I just got back from Garmin as a rebate. (New boots!!!) I love the exercise and fresh air I get. I love the help one can get with technical stuff just by posting a question here. I love that fellow geocachers are so helpful and amazingly knowledgeable. I just love it all. I like having people listen to my opinions and giving me the right to post them. I thank Jeremy and the entire staff for all they do. I like avatars. I like having days off work. I'd really like to have more days off. I like the fact that if I want to I can just take the day off. I like being my own boss.

I like people who can take a compliment.

Cache you later,

Planet

because I am sure I would miss someone. And that would be unfair! Let me say that ALL the people who in any way manage this web page and all its parts are to be commended. Next, all the users. Without users, the site would serve no purpose. And a multitude of questions would go unanswered daily.

This whole operation is a great example of SYNERGY. The total worth of this operation FAR EXCEEDS the sum of its parts. It is truly amazing there is not more trouble and friction than there is. icon_biggrin.gif

JMHO!

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

...you're pulling a little low and to the left 'bud.

Yeah, but the really good target didn't show as well with the X right over the holes. icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. KD9KC.

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

I rarely see any mention of ExpertGPS without someone singing the praises of this gemstone of software and support. I wish every software company I dealt with showed their attitude. Heck, I wish one or two more than TopoGrafix did.

ExpertGPS has definetly enhanced my enjoyment of geocaching.

I'd like to first compliment all the people in the complaint dept thread for being so good at what they do.

Also, I'd like to compliment the site designers for making the site simple enough for an ISP challenged user such as Lep to find his way around. icon_biggrin.gif

We all have mental problems, it's just that some of us choose to show them.

I've not been around caching long, but it seems to me the compliments go to everybody who goes to the effort of putting out caches, finding them, swapping stuff and enjoying the world we live in. It all seems to be done in a free spirit, with good will, and little factionalism. A sport one can involve in without having to join a club,(but you can if you want to) get on a committee (but you can if you want to), or spend months learning to become competant (but you can if you want to). A sport that you select the level at which you participate. A sport which eschews national boundaries, a sport which encourages trust in others, a sport which nine times out of ten shows that that trust was justified.A sport at which challenges are set for the body,and the mind, and at which there is a reward each time. We're all winners. Compliments to Geocaching.

Oh yes to follow the rest - the website's good too.

AND NO POP UPS!

Kapman

I had been seeing (complaint) dept. for so long had to do a double take on the (compliment)dept.This is just what I needed to progress forward in my goals as well I have no Complaints all good things come to those who wait. This is the best web site that i have used myself but I am a newbie to the computer but think I have my 2 cents worth now so here it is, thanyou JEREMY

Tetrahedron in a sphere=GEOID=Perfect Pyramid. On all Planets there is a Geometric disturbance at 19.5 degrees!!!

I've been able to become a part of another tribe!

In a discussion with a close friend about how people belongs to different groups of friends, cliques, community groups, and have connections to other people and places around the world--we called it being members of different tribes.

.....well, it seemed profound after our seventh gin and tonic. icon_wink.gif

Anyway, the promise and vision of many-to-many communications via the Internet and web has often fallen short as commercial and government forces intervene.

Not true here. In fact, I think a genuine community has developed that combines uniquely the physical world of precisely located coordinates, the adventerous spirit of those looking for treasure in the remotest parts of our planet, and a evolving and growing community via this forum.

Well done you great Geocache visionaries and thanks to my fellow GeoCitizens. Challenges and rewards are in store for us all.

quote:
Originally posted by Kapman:

I've not been around caching long, but it seems to me the compliments go to everybody who goes to the effort of putting out caches, finding them, swapping stuff and enjoying the world we live in. It all seems to be done in a free spirit, with good will, and little factionalism. A sport one can involve in without having to join a club,(but you can if you want to) get on a committee (but you can if you want to), or spend months learning to become competant (but you can if you want to). A sport that you select the level at which you participate. A sport which eschews national boundaries, a sport which encourages trust in others, a sport which nine times out of ten shows that that trust was justified.A sport at which challenges are set for the body,and the mind, and at which there is a reward each time. We're all winners. Compliments to Geocaching.

Oh yes to follow the rest - the website's good too.

That is one elegant summary of geocaching, especially for someone so new to the sport. Glad to have you with us.

Is it just my imagination, or is this month's crop of new geocachers just a notch higher on the quality scale? I'm seeing some great new posts lately. It is almost enough to counteract brdad's presence on the forums.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Are we on page 8 yet!

I'd like to thank the unknown couple (cachers or not) for patching up my daughter wound after she fell on some broken beer bottles while out caching. I have to admitt I was more in shock than she was.

This couple had a well supplied first aid kit which even included a dolly. They never even flinched when they got blood on themselves which is unusual considering the times we are in.

THANKS for showing me that there are some good people out there.

ps. The glass was no where near the cache.

Oh yeh! Thanks for this great website.

I'd like to compliment MYSELF for having a letter published by our local newspaper - in print and online. icon_biggrin.gif

Read The Letter Here

(edit: I just thought about it though - my compliments are going to myself, for my letter to the editor that is complaining about the stupid people in my town. Go figure)

banana.gifToe's Photo Archives

[This message was edited by Rubbertoe on October 18, 2002 at 09:29 PM.]

Part of what I enjoyed about the complaints thread was reading the not-specifically-geocaching complaints - people just venting about a crummy day - I don't know if the compliments dept can be stretched quite that far so first - I compliment the site, the admin and the recent really fun cache that I found (I have few enough caches that if I describe it, it will spoil it for others - but it was FUN and I found it before Alpha did.

I am sitting warm inside on a cold day - I'm about to make a cup of hot choc. and spend a five min break surfing the fora. Life is good. Who can I compliment on that?

beta Lemming

There's not nearly enough compliments. Oh wait... I think that's a complaint.

I quite enjoyed Lost Sailor's Surf & Turf cache today. Picked up a travel bug AND there was a useable copy of Michael Jackson's BAD in the cache. Which reminds me, I have to hit Rockin' Robin again.

--------

trippy1976 - Team KKF2A

migo_sig_logo.jpg

. . . for developing this site and hence the sport. I have only been on two caches thus far, and plan on going again on friday. Alot of my friends (geomuggles) want to come along now. It's a really health, constructive way to enjoy life, and nature. As much as I like the outdoors, it's hard to just go for a walk without an objective (for me). This has given me the objective, the impetus to get out and enjoy life. Thanks so much!! Jeremy, I've never met you, but tip my hat in appreciation and kudos.

Rob

Ain't it great that out of the last 20 caches you looked for, 19 were still there and still had some cool stuff in 'em? In a world where it seems like "mean" is in, it's every man for himself, and you would do well to trust no-one, geocachers are still naively bounding around the woods, usually at twilight because we've gotta get just one more cache in before we go home, and all sorts of good things seem to happen. "Cache and prizes!" Great logs, both to write and to read! And every other geocacher I've met in person has instantly become a buddy. What a cool hobby.

I would like to take this time and thank The_Curmudgeon. About a month ago, he set out a personal cache for me.

He contacted me by email and I couldn't believe someone would actually leave something especially for ME!!! I was estatic.

He placed it near one of the caches that I hid, and it was an easy find.

The item was one of the most beautiful coins I have ever laid my eyes on. It is a gold geocache coin of "The Green Man". You can find more at

this website. Give thanks to Moun10bike for the idea!!

This Curmudgeon guy is the greatest. I haven't met him personally, but I have met his dad, Stump-Jumper. They are the two who got geocaching started in this area. I'm overwhelmed by their generocity.

Thanks, guys!!!