@#$$@! damn webpage!

Criminal

I use Front Page 2K for mine and have never had troubles. I laos use the autothumbnail feature. My only guesses are that you did not have the image you wanted thumbnailed highlighted when you created it, which still does not sound right, or when it came up with a save dialog maybe you renamed them or something.

Incidently, I've found it easier to have a image directory to put my large pictures in, and then have another directory within there called thumbs to store the thumbnail images. makes it a little easier to sort though stuff.

If you open the web in Front Page and click on the HTML tab, you can see how your main images and thumbs do not have similar names, you could edit them around to fix the problem.

Your kid may be an honor student but you're still an IDIOT!

brdad is right. Sometimes things are to automatic. If you want to check what your page is actually doing in HTML code go to the page with the thumbnails, right click and select view source. Even if you don't have any experience in HTML things will seem pretty obvious. i.e. img src=image source=what your code thinks the image is ahref is where it thinks it is. ......I think. I learned HTML ground up coding along time ago so don't know what's new or what front page does.Actually what I did was find a page I liked, stole the code and modified it for my uses. Criminals should like that approach. Good luck. Looks nice so far. Be patient and Good luck.

icon_smile.gif

Did I say Good Luck??

dadgum Criminal,

I never realized just how ugly you really are. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

I don't have the time now but if you would like and I wouldn't suggest this but you could give me your username and password and I could look at your page. Just a thought but like I said I wouldn't suggest although you could change it after. Let me know

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

dadgum Criminal,

I never realized just how ugly you really are. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

I don't have the time now but if you would like and I wouldn't suggest this but you could give me your username and password and I could look at your page. Just a thought but like I said I wouldn't suggest although you could change it after. Let me know

Right click in a web page and select view source to see. No pass word needed.

Byron

Thanks Byron.

I was saying that about the user name and password so I could go in look at it and fix it for him. Thats all.

______________________________________________________________________________________

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

OK, I picked up a copy of FrontPage, I have 5 megs from my ISP, and made a valiant attempt. Alas, maybe I will scream. In the Gallery, the thumbnail pics are totally F’d up. You click on one thumb, you get another. HELP!

Its not my web page, so why should I care? If it ain't mine, don't f*ck with it. Right?

In regards to this and the other thread, I find it amusing that the same people who want “open topics” and meaningful discussion are also the same people who get bent out of shape when someone comes along with a thought that differs from their own.

OK, I admit it. I am a complete idiot. Fu*k me, how the hell could I get out of bed in the morning? Good thing I didn’t give the last 20 years to ensuring we can all express our individuality.

God forbid I should ever disagree with Jeremy about something, I’d be trashed in the forums, probably threatened, and be ostracized from the geocaching community. So to all the GeoMasters, I humbly apologize for not having the same thoughts and beliefs as your holy, exalted, and perfect ones. (Sadly, these are the same people who’d watch someone drown because they don’t want to “get involved”; their courage is in the anonymity of the forums.) Really, how brave is someone who attacks another for having a different opinion? So fuc* me, what the hell do I know?

I have vehemently disagreed with the positions of other cachers, I think no less of them for it though. I am offended when someone assumes the position of authority over another. That’s what I read in the other topic, and that’s why I said what I said. I only wish I was a “good” as the thought police.

Illegal cache? Fine, let’s discuss it. But there may be an opinion that says, “The intent may have been for you to break the law to find it”. There are only so many 5/5 mountain top caches out there. I don’t look for those any more than I’d park along the freeway. The poster said you are required to park on the highway. Are you? Maybe you could drop in by parachute. Oh my, a thought that’s outside the box! A challenge! Oh my, oh my, (wringing of hands) whatever shall we do? Let’s all take this wayward thinker under our superior wings and reeducate him. Let’s get him to think like us, after all, we know…….

quote:

In regards to this and the other thread, I find it amusing that the same people who want “open topics” and meaningful discussion are also the same people who get bent out of shape when someone comes along with a thought that differs from their own.

blah blah blah

...and I'm only saying this because I care: there are a lot of decaffeinated brands on the market today that are just as tasty as the real thing.

dadgum,

Have been trying to think of something funny to say but couldn't.

so

Have you figured anything out with your site? icon_smile.gif

Hmmmm......Oh yeah, the topic of this thread.

No, I mess with it when I get home tonight. I found a spelling error, should be an easy fix. I'll pull all the pics and re-do the whole page. I wonder if it had something to do with the way i was resizing them in frontpage. I'll size them first, before I place them. I also was doing copy/paste instead of inserting them so I'll do it the other way.

quote:

Good thing I didn’t give the last 20 years to ensuring we can all express our individuality.

quote:

Thanks for looking out for everyone; we’re too inept to be alive without you ...

I don't care about the cache or the argument ... these two lines from the two threads just work so well together.

Good luck with the webpage.

quote:

Sheesh, I want to build a webpage and I can't even figure out how you were able to put two quotes on one post.........

quote:

Response: Huh?

Thats pretty funny.

quote:

Sheesh, I want to build a webpage and I can't even figure out how you were able to put two quotes on one post.........

Its easy, you just put stuff between the QUOTE and /QUOTE tags (enclosed in square brackets). You can do as many of those as you'd like in a post.

quote:

This text is between a set of QUOTE tags

If you click the Quote button below where you enter the post, it will insert a pair of them that you can then write text inbetween. Or, you can simply type them in. Either way works the same.

snazzsig.jpg

Keep plugging away, just like anything else it takes time to learn... I'm just starting Frontpage too, I've been using Design Shop by Boomerang for a while, and got comfortable with THAT after a year. Some times I think that I should put bars on the window next to my bolted down computer so I don't make it 'crash'... On the driveway below icon_rolleyes.gif FTP is my current speedbump, but learning by making silly pages and up/downloading and editing. Not a bad first attempt, and you had the balls to put it up infront of some major techno-dweebs. You have some GREAT woods in your area and seem to know about digi-pix. Like the diamond plate background too, I have that in my 'page-stuff' folder.

Bookmarked it and will check back on occaision. Don't sweat the critics and good luck.

I can sense the frustration in your tone of writing. I, too, am frustrating at trying to learn this mumbo jumbo by myself. I just went out and got myself a digital camera and got it all hooked up and downloaded and now I don't know how to move the images from the program to anywhere else. I have to keep on reading the help and the manual, but I'm getting there, I think. The whole PC froze up at one point and I finally just hit the button, said **** this and calmed down a while. But when we finally "get it" we'll have for good.

Also, one question. Do you really think that if you leave out just one letter we won't know what that four letter word your using is? See, I used 4 ****s and you'll never guess what that word is! icon_wink.gif

Hang in there and keep plugging away.

And CR, thank you for those links, I'll read them when my brain unfreezes.

Cache you later,

Planet

spacecraft.gif

"It doesn't matter whether you're going somewhere or nowhere, whether you're doing something or nothing. If you're doing it in a boat it's the best time ever!" -Water Rat from "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame (a book I picked up in a cache)

I have used Frontpage 2002 to make our Moondog3 geocaching page and it has worked great. But I have also heard that it isn't the best. The nice thing is that you do have the HTML preview page to look at as you make your pages. I find that this is a great learning tool for me to reference as I work on a page. Yahoo Web Hosting also has Frontpage extensions which are a convenience too.

19973_600.gifThe adventures of Navdog, Justdog, and Otterpup

I first started my webpage as a free site off of yahoo. I used evrsoft because I didn't know **** about HTML. After a while I began running into their "data transfer limit". Supposedly. I don't buy it. I think it was just an attempt to get me to buy theuir web hosting service. So since the easiest way to get me to do something is to threaten me if I do it, I left them, went & bought my own domain name.

Course I did this only after I found out my company was offering me a $1200 laptop & an HTML web design course for $250, and I get to keep the laptop as long as I pass. That's what made me decide to go for it & get my own site.

The site is half converted using the knowledge I've gained, but it looks pretty darned good IMHO. And it has to do with GPS too so this technically isn't off topic.

My only advice criminal is to buck down & learn the code. Use Evrsoft (I think Frontpage is way too complicated if you don't know a thing about HTML) or whatever program you want to get the basic in. Then read the books, looka t what your program did, and then do it yourself from scratch.

My Site

alt.gif

www.gpswnj.com