Posting a find twice?

dogsoldier

Here's the deal...my son and I did a cache several months ago that was a lot of fun. Since then, my daughter has become involved with some of our hunts. She wanted to do the one that my son and I did a while back, so I gave her the gps to find the cache, while we tagged along to watch her. My question....should I (or does the system even allow you to)log the find a 2nd time under my name? I know my daughter could register and create a user name but I kind of want to avoid that since she likely won't be doing any more on her own. She signed the log, but I'm thinking it would still be nice to have it posted on the cache site too. No biggie...just looking for opinions and info as to whether or not this has been addressed before. Thanks!

Yes, the system allows it. No, it's not cool to do so. If you want your daughter's name on the cache log, you can leave a note on the log instead of "found it" (so then it won't add to found count) or you could go back and edit the log you left and note when she found it.

smiles_63.gif ---Real men cache in shorts.

IMHO, an individual geocacher should only get one opportunity to log a find on a cache. Since I've never tried to log a cache twice, I don't know how the geocaching.com website would respond. I don't see anything wrong with posting a notice in the cache page log telling all about your daughter's cache hunting experience finding the cache. That also makes for great cache log reading. icon_smile.gif

"When you find it, its always in the last place you look."

quote:
Originally posted by Cachier:

. Since I've never tried to log a cache twice, I don't know how the geocaching.com website would respond.

it responds normally, your find gets posted and your "count" goes up. there are no alarms or buzzers that go off.... its just that its not considered good practice to do so(logging twice).

whack.gif