Which Hand?

Another psychological experiment? Probably the lack of responses is due to its rather off-topic theme. It is true, however, that geocachers can physically have arms in which to geocache, but this is a stretch.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location™

What hand I uses depends entirely on what hand first gets used first for the task. I write with my right hand, but years ago I could write backward with my left hand.

I made a really bad mistake by first holding my eTrex in my right hand...now I can't use with my left (as it was designed) because it feels really weird.

George

quote:
Originally posted by ChurchCampDave:

we must protect our right to bare arms- no long sleeves for me.

(How's that for stretching a topic?)

Caint never did nothing.

GDAE, Dave

I am against arming bears, they are very deadly already.

P.S. you spelled bear wrong

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

The Garmin eTrex line is designed to be held in the left hand, but I find myself, more often than not, holding it in my right hand with my thumb covering the screen.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

quote:
Originally posted by OlyHippy:

80 hits and only 12 votes? icon_wink.gif

Maybe it is because some people don't know left from right. If you think it is wrong, just watch turn signals and driving habits.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by BrianSnat:

The Garmin eTrex line is designed to be held in the left hand

!?!!

Who says? (Garmin I presume...) I use it in the right, with my thumb on the Page button, forefinger for Up/Down, and middle finger for Enter (I started with three fingers, one per button, but subconsciously switched over.)

If you hold it in your left hand, then your thumb would have to manipulate three different buttons alone, and you'd have multiple fingers available to push only one button!

Where's the logic in that???

Randy

Im Right handed, and my left arm is much stronger than my right. Also my right hand is much stronger than my left. Sounds backwards, but since I carry with my left arm to free up the right hand that causes the imbalance.

What is easier, is to have another person to carry the cache stuff, and the Cache page, and I would worry about just the GPS and entering new waypoints for a multicache. Also this way, I think that it is easier to concentrate on finding the cache, than carrying all the stuff. This includes the GPS, Printout, Stuff, and a Pen. Ive dropped my GPS V twice, doing just this. Even more interresting is also my keys can be in my hands with all this stuff, so the gps could hit the ground.

So this would involve 4 hands, plus 2 sets of eyes.

Always different...Hit refresh

maze?90+35+5+2+0+180+0+180+255+255+255