Vests are now available on Shop.Groundspeak.com

Jeremy

Finally! It's certainly cold enough for it. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions on colors (and sizes). The vests are now available at the Shop Groundspeak site.

They are fully reversible, waterproof on one side (well both, but one side is Terra-Tek™ Nylon), and the logo is on both the outside and inside of the fleece vest. I'm usually a medium and they are true to fit.

Based on popular vote, we have a Hunter Green/Navy and a Yellow/Black vest available. I personally like the Yellow/Black for Geocaching, but they're both pretty cool.

There is a limited quantity because of the expense making them, so make sure to grab them quick.

Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location

Darn and I just posted on this. Thanks now that you mention that limited quanity thing I will go order one now. They are water repellent from what I hear not waterproof icon_wink.gif Anyway thanks for bringing them to us. I'm going to order mine now and will post back once it comes in.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

Is anyone else having problems ordering a vest? I've ordered before with no problems (most recently about a week ago) but now the site keeps saying I can't.

It says this (none of which is accurate):

Sorry! There are currently no items in your basket. There are several possible reasons why this has occured:

* Your session has expired - If you have been away for over an hour your basket items will disappear.

* You came to this page accidentally

* You don't have cookies enabled - You need to have your cookies turned on in order to shop with us. This enables us to store your shopping cart until you're ready to checkout.

Any ideas? TIA

I just ordered mine with no problem.

Did you make sure to check the size and color drop downs?

Maybe what Jeremy said is true and there are limited quanities and I got the only one. icon_eek.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Tried again to order once I got to work (again using Netscape) and was *successful*. The look of the site has changed so maybe they were still in the process of updating it and that is why some of us (shortly after told the vests were available) couldn't get access to the actual ordering area. I'd successfully ordered from the site a number of times before so figured it had to be some odd temporary problem at the other end. At any rate, in a few days R's xmas gift should arrive. (I'm always amazed at how FAST their orders arrive. icon_razz.gif)

bvgps

For those of you that missed it.

I am still having trouble checking out. This comes up:

"Sorry!

There are currently no items in your basket. There are several possible reasons why this has occured:

Your session has expired - If you have been away for over an hour your basket items will disappear.

You came to this page accidentally

You don't have cookies enabled - You need to have your cookies turned on in order to shop with us. This enables us to store your shopping cart until you're ready to checkout."

None of those things are true, I swear! I'll keep trying.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

[This message was edited by Planet on November 23, 2002 at 03:51 PM.]

I was running into the same problem here (starting the day that the vests became available). I thought that I'd get a leg up on the rush to scoop these up by placing an order directly through the GeoCaching.com online store and having it delivered to a friend's address States' side, but the site wouldn't seem to let me put anything into my 'cart'. I eventually gave up and simply placed my order through the usual 'Canadian' outlet (GPSCentral) ...which is probably just as well, since the vests can now be shipped directly to my Toronto address. Work-arounds notwithstanding, judging by the comments here, there appears to be a problem with online ordering (...perhaps too much water trying to go through too small of a pipe?).

Vest order placed on the 19th, shipped the 22nd & on the UPS tracking details, states that expected delivery is Dec. 2nd. Either the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend is throwing a wrench into delivery schedules, or it's coming from Washington State to NY by way of a 63' Chevy. icon_biggrin.gif

"Gimpy"

I've been trying to order a vest for days now. I keep getting a window that says I have nothing in my basket (my order is about $100.00!), I've been gone too long, my cookies aren't enabled, I came here by accident. So I go to the alternative site and they don't have the vests. I try morning, noon, night, no avail. Wassup with that????

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

"...I've been trying to order a vest for days now... ...I try morning, noon, night, no avail. Wassup with that????..."

If I were you (and really keen to get this order placed), I'd try contacting the good folks at 'Groundspeak' by either telephone (first choice) or email to place the order with them directly ...as opposed to struggling with the website.

quote:
Originally posted by Cache Canucks:

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

"...I've been trying to order a vest for days now... ...I try morning, noon, night, no avail. Wassup with that????..."

If I were you (and really keen to get this order placed), I'd try contacting the good folks at 'Groundspeak' by either telephone (first choice) or email to place the order with them directly ...as opposed to struggling with the website.

At the time I was in the office and really suppose I should have been working. Today I went caching, now it's night time, so maybe tomorrow.

Cache you later,

Planet

Planet,

Have you tried using a different web browser? When I tried ordering with Netscape I kept getting that same message. Then with Explorer it went through no problem....but I've also heard people complain about the order going through on explorer so it probably doesn't mean anything...just thought I'd mention it.

quote:
Originally posted by Ttepee:

Planet,

Have you tried using a different web browser? When I tried ordering with Netscape I kept getting that same message. Then with Explorer it went through no problem....but I've also heard people complain about the order going through on explorer so it probably doesn't mean anything...just thought I'd mention it.

Never tried Netscape. Heh heh maybe I should! Just tried Explorer again, same story:

Sorry!

There are currently no items in your basket. There are several possible reasons why this has occured:

Your session has expired - If you have been away for over an hour your basket items will disappear.

You came to this page accidentally

You don't have cookies enabled - You need to have your cookies turned on in order to shop with us. This enables us to store your shopping cart until you're ready to checkout.

I'm not really in any hurry for this stuff, I just want to order before all the vests are gone. I'll work on it when I get to the office, gives me something to do there.

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by DirtRunner:

"...90 bucks Canadian plus shipping and handling ??!?!..."

Well, if you convert Groundspeak's $49USD U.S. price using today's exchange rate, you come up with $77CAD. Add on to that the shipping/handling/customs brokerage costs for GPS Central to import the vests into Canada, as well as what I suspect is a fair mark-up so that they make a few dollars in the process (they are, after all, a business), and it isn't difficult to see where that extra $13CAD comes from ...even if GPS Central purchases the vests from Groundspeak at a slightly reduced 're-seller' price.

quote:
Originally posted by Gimpy:

it's coming from Washington State to NY by way of a 63' Chevy. icon_biggrin.gif

"Gimpy"

Gimpy I think your right... mine had a ups departure scan for Nov 21... Nov 27 it made it Parsnipany NJ...6 days sounds about right for that chevy, which is just about time for it to breakdown now so I guess that's why it won't be arriving in southern NY till Dec. 2.

I double checked cookies and everything. The funny thing is now they are out of the compass keychains. Probably because I've tried ordering 5 of them so many times that 45 of them are sitting in my shopping cart in limbo. icon_wink.gif I'm not trying anymore, I going straight to TPTB.

Cache you later,

Planet

Recieved my vest today and I must say that it is very nice. I will have to wait to wear it once it gets warmer again in a few month.

I get the same "session expired etc" no matter what I use. I thought it might have been OSX 10.

2.2 so I tried 1.5 then OS9 then OS 8. I tried Internet Explorer, Chimera, Omniweb and Mozilla 1.2.1. Then I figured it's one of those Mac things so I tried Interent Explorer on two different PC's. I tried morning afternoon and late at night.

Is it a Massachusetts thing? icon_eek.gif

# Your session has expired - If you have been away for over an hour your basket items will disappear.

# You came to this page accidentally

# You don't have cookies enabled - You need to have your cookies turned on in order to shop with us. This enables us to store your shopping cart until you're ready to checkout.

My vest (and t-shirt and lapel pin and stickers, etc) arrived yesterday! Perfect timing, today is wet, cold, miserable weather. I went out caching at lunch and the vest is very comfortable, warm, and waterproof (or rather resistant, at least). Looks great, too!

Lou Catozzi

AKA TxHiPowr