Pocket Query Question????

quote:
Originally posted by Beast of Traal:

If I create a Query that has more than 500 results. Which 500 do I get. The Newest>

The closest? etc

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal: a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a brush, but very very ravenous

It all depends on how you set up your filters when you created the report.

For example I usually set up my reports to give me every cache (that I don't own or haven't found -- both of which are options you can click) within a 100 mile radius).

The report I get lists the caches starting with the nearest and ending with the farthest away.

Make sense?

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

I am fairly certain that you get the closest 500 that fit your search criteria. I set my pocket query up similar to Jolly B Good (those I don't own and haven't found).

There are over 1000 caches in the 100 mile radius from my house. When I take the results from the pocket query and pull it into Microsoft Streets & Trips, it appears to be the 500 closest ones.

-Junglehair

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

quote:
Originally posted by junglehair:

I am fairly certain that you get the closest 500 that fit your search criteria. I set my pocket query up similar to Jolly B Good (those I don't own and haven't found).

There are over 1000 caches in the 100 mile radius from my house. When I take the results from the pocket query and pull it into Microsoft Streets & Trips, it appears to be the 500 closest ones.

-Junglehair

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Exactly. I was saying that the list of caches you get are listed with the closest cache first and the one furthest away (among the 500 or whatever caches on that particular list) is listed last.

i.e. they aren't listed alphabetically or numeriically. They're listed by disance away from the zip code or coordinates you listed.

Jolly R. Blackburn

http://kenzerco.com

"Never declare war on a man who buys his ink by the gallon."

Ok it look like we prety much agree if your search is for a specific zip code it dose closest first. What if you search caches for an entire state?

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal: a mind-bogglingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a brush, but very very ravenous