Whose avatar is your favorite?

I think an avatar should be simple, colorful, and pleasing to the eye. Most photgraphs do not translate well into such small images and lose their definition. When I first saw majicman's avatar I thought it was a grisly crime-scene photgraph. Others are well-defined images but lack color or any kind of quality that sets them apart from the rest. I cast my vote for joefrog. It's clean, colorful, and pleasing.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something."

-- Plato

quote:
Originally posted by Geo Quest:

I think an avatar should be simple, colorful, and pleasing to the eye. Most photgraphs do not translate well into such small images and lose their definition. When I first saw majicman's avatar I thought it was a grisly crime-scene photgraph. Others are well-defined images but lack color or any kind of quality that sets them apart from the rest. I cast my vote for joefrog. It's clean, colorful, and pleasing.

Thanks! That's high praise from someone with a cool avatar themselves!

Well, *I* certainly like it...

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

Does anyone else see an elephant in Geo Quest's avatar?? That trunk right in the middle and the ears off to the side...

...probably just me. I also see a poodle in Sissy 'n CR's avatar. icon_smile.gif

Ode to a Pigeon: Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, You Lookin' at Me? YOU LOOKIN' AT ME?! (b. katt, 7/14/03)

quote:
Originally posted by enfanta:

Does anyone else see an elephant in Geo Quest's avatar?? That trunk right in the middle and the ears off to the side...

Absolutely! It was a long time before I realized it wasn't. An elephant carrying a log in its trunk. The compass is the bottom of an outstretched foot.

The poodle, not so much. But I like SnCR's stamp (the one with their silhouette, which isn't currently their avatar). They look very affectionate in it.

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Well the mountain was so beautiful that this guy built a mall and a pizza shack

Yeah he built an ugly city because he wanted the mountain to love him back -- Dar Williams

quote:
Originally posted by Dinoprophet:

The poodle, not so much. But I like SnCR's stamp (the one with their silhouette, which isn't currently their avatar). They look very affectionate in it.

LOL... funny, it makes me want to hurl every time! No offense, S&CR, but dadgum... that's just TOO cute for my tastes. Glad ya'll like it! (Did she pick it? icon_biggrin.gif) But I'll admit the two trees is pretty cool.

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"