Whose avatar is your favorite?

mine.

but i used to like bassoon pilot's old one, where the bassoon was more prominent.

of course, in a month or so i'll be changing to the new green summer avatar.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

Decisions, decisions! I've decided not to play favorites. So a list of ones I like off the top of my head. Lyra's head in the sand, Markwell's Calvin and Hobbes (who doesn't love Calvin and Hobbe's?), Lapaglia's hamster, Brian Snat's Peter Pan Dude for it's humor, all of our Jeremy Poses, Ttepee's TeePee, Brdad's lumberjack, umc's doot bucket, and many, many more. I can't choose!

Cache you later,

Planet

I feel much more like I do now than when I first got here.

OK. I don't get the cheerleader pic.

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/avatar/14917_1300.jpg

I loved http://www.geocaching.com/profile/default.asp?A=14917's old one from Futurama (not his new one, no idea what's going on there). But I still like is profile inset pic with the caption below.

Plus he has some of the funniest logs I've read. icon_biggrin.gif I'm a fan!

http://www.mppa.org/mppa/2001/MPOY/MPOY3/pictures/%20b%20KJS%20cheerleaders.jpg

'O Oregone, where art thou?'

quote:
Originally posted by hammack:

OK. I don't get the cheerleader pic.

quote:
Originally posted by Zartimus:

Plus he has some of the funniest logs I've read. icon_biggrin.gif I'm a fan!

hammack... you'd have to have read some of Oregone's cache logs to 'get it'...once you start it's kinda hard to stop though...heheh he's a funny one.

I have been away for too long, so I'm not even sure who is who anymore... you get to know someone by their avatar sometimes, and then when they change it - a person can get a little confused. Maybe it's just me... heh

Anyway - I can't imagine my avatar would get many votes, considering that it was mistaken for another body part before I zoomed out on the image a bit, heh.

geobanana.gifThe Toe Pages

"Now with 50% less yuck, and 100% more color!!"

I have to admit, the toe is one of my favorites, but the dancing banana makes me laugh every time I see it.

I agree with the changing of the avatars......Just when I think I've gotten to know someone, they put on a new face. icon_confused.gif

Children are natural mimics who act like their parents despite every effort to teach them good manners.

Humm I have to say I have enjoyed the follwoing Avatars :

BrianSnat, Markwell's, Lyras, JamieZ's Disco Geek and Mituso(sp).

I like ClayJars new one with the watcher Icons in the middle.

There are some really great personal ones just from an artwork stand point Like DustyJackets where they arent funny like a JamieZ but really nice from an artistic stand point.

-Robert

I haven't been here in awhile, but...

Renegade and Leprechaun are probably my favorites. Renegade is cool, and Leprechaun... well heck, I've always loved the sugary goodness of Lucky Charms.

I need a different avatar... just little old me with an ammo can...

CODENAME: ALPHA OPERATOR

daedalus://govlink/secure/majestic/12.12.12/ops/throne/AO

MAJESTIC-12: THRONE G6 LEVEL AGENT

http://www.forumplanet.com/gamespy

quote:
I just made two for myself. I can't decide which one I like better...

I like both too. Just alternate between them. Then you don't need to decide. Or, see which one looks the best when it is actually used. I'm trying out some new ones right now. I like them as pictures, but then tend to not like them when I actually see them as avatars.

pokeanim3.gif

I like geoachy's from the first page on this thread. I am a sucker for close ups of dogs. I like ours too as it was the main symbol of the wedding and also our honeymoon tattos last year. Fitting since we are owned by three greyhound and a borzoi. There is also one of a Range Rover half turned over that I dig. Avatar art is so cool!

Wags, Russ & Erin

Well, thanks!

Favorites for me are very selective. I like a combination of originality and/or creative use. In other words, you don't necessarily have to have drawn it or taken the pic yourself, but the use does have to be entertaining or surprising. Guess that comes from my background in advertising! And on that tone, here's my take on some of them (just SOME, not all) that made me look twice.

My top (current) faves from Marky's avatar page are Dinoprophet and Moun10Bike that I can think of off the top of my pointy head, mainly for originality and cool simplicity -- both have logo possibilities. Totemlake, Og's Outfit, & especially Stunod (never would've thought of that, LOL) get a nod for creative use, and I like the icon feel of Marky's coin-looking one. Renegade Knight & Divine's are just plain cool, and the Night Cachers, Lone Duck & mrkablooey tickle my creative side. UMC & el Diablo are great CGI examples. And of course there's Markwell's use of Calvin & Hobbes, one of my all-time fave strips.

One I didn't see on the page -- the one with Homer thinking of the Geocaching logo & drooling -- made me laugh out loud. So did BrianSnat's classic "Eggplant" avatar.

Kudos to all -- it's dadgum hard to choose, and this doesn't even start to cover all of them!

quote:
Originally posted by timpaula:

I like Jomarac5's & joefrog's. Both leap out at you.

<timpaula>

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"

LOL... yep, that's nit-picking, and nope, the current title is correct! icon_wink.gif

If you changed it to your suggestion, that would read "Who is avatar is your favorite?"

quote:
Originally posted by Criminal:

Not to nit-pick, but shouldn't the title read:

quote:
_Who’s_ avatar is your favorite?

http://fp1.centurytel.net/Criminal_Page/

Joel (joefrog)

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for ye are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"