GeoCaching Arcade Game

Hello All-

I thought of a new project for Jeremy once he finishes the way cool new search tools.

How about a GeoCaching Arcade Game? You try to find as many "caches" in a 3D world before your battery level (shown as a bar graph on the left of your screen) runs out, or before it gets dark.

The more mosquitoes you kill, the better. Also, you could be chased by large, blood-sucking ticks, and must make your way through blackberry bushes, fields of poison oak, and not fall off of slippery logs across rain-filled creeks.

Of course, the farther you make it in the game, the more difficult the cache finds would get. Maybe even have to answer brain-teaser questions to get the next clue.

Maybe Jeremy could get Sega or Nintendo to buy the game and then this site would be sponsored for life?!

icon_biggrin.gif

Of course, I'm only joking. Jeremy is too busy making this site and the sport of GeoCaching way to cool to be spending time on an arcade game. icon_wink.gif

Speaking of stupid video game concepts, I own a virtual Turkey Hunting game (I couldn't resist when I saw it on the clearance rack at Staples). You spend most of your time hiding behind bushes and logs - sitting still and sounding a turkey call - until the bird shows up and you hit him with your shotgun. If you miss, you have to move and wait and wait and wait until you lure another bird. There is a deer hunting game too. It makes a geocaching video game seem cool.

I also downloaded the demo version of a virtual bull riding game. You can play the rider or the bull. The graphics are great, but the game concept is lousy.

-ANY OTHER ROTTEN GAME CONCEPTS OUT THERE?

You'd miss the burning feeling in your legs after climbing a long steep hill. No thorny brush scratching you to death. No ticks. No wet feet from crossing creeks. No getting lost and racing back to your car as the sun races for the horizon. No bizarre adventures. Etc,etc,etc.

I'll stick with the real thing thank you very much.

rdw

quote:
Originally posted by rdw:

You'd miss the burning feeling in your legs after climbing a long steep hill. No thorny brush scratching you to death. No ticks. No wet feet from crossing creeks. No getting lost and racing back to your car as the sun races for the horizon. No bizarre adventures. Etc,etc,etc.

So is that a "FOR" or "AGAINST"?