To Be or Not to Be (archived cache)

Should this virtual cache be archived.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=60705

Gravity Hill

GCED21

Thank You for the input

What is it ... Gravity Hill is a phenomenon. Cars roll uphill, water flows the wrong way ... it's a place where gravity has gone haywire. Why it happens, nobody knows for sure. A few speculate that it's nothing more than an optical illusion. Others are certain that there is a definite gravity warp in the earth that causes this strange occurrence. But, whatever the reason, you can tell your friends that you've made it to the often talked about, but seldom found, Gravity Hill.

What to do when you get there? Stay calm ... keep cool. As you strain your ears to hear the laws of physics being shattered, put your car in neutral (after checking behind you for oncoming traffic, of course) and take your foot off the brake. Your car will roll, uphill.

Some people like to take water or various other non-flammable, biodegradable liquids and pour them onto the road. The liquids will flow uphill.

(Your car might lie to you, but pure water will not ... you will believe in the power of Gravity Hill!)

See the hint for detailed driving instuctions.

To receive credit for this cache email me the distance in feet between the spay painted beginning and end of gravity hill. +/- 15 feet

[This message was edited by cache chasers on April 07, 2003 at 02:33 PM.]

What is it ... Gravity Hill is a phenomenon. Cars roll uphill, water flows the wrong way ... it's a place where gravity has gone haywire. Why it happens, nobody knows for sure. A few speculate that it's nothing more than an optical illusion. Others are certain that there is a definite gravity warp in the earth that causes this strange occurrence. But, whatever the reason, you can tell your friends that you've made it to the often talked about, but seldom found, Gravity Hill.

What to do when you get there? Stay calm ... keep cool. As you strain your ears to hear the laws of physics being shattered, put your car in neutral (after checking behind you for oncoming traffic, of course) and take your foot off the brake. Your car will roll, uphill.

Some people like to take water or various other non-flammable, biodegradable liquids and pour them onto the road. The liquids will flow uphill.

(Your car might lie to you, but pure water will not ... you will believe in the power of Gravity Hill!)

See the hint for detailed driving instuctions.

To receive credit for this cache email me the distance in feet between the spay painted beginning and end of gravity hill. +/- 15 feet

I voted no.

Every gravity hill I've seen was a traffic hazzard. Nothing like encouraging people to roll their car backwards into oncoming traffic! Usually areas are also marked no parking, partly because they don't want tons of people stopping and playing in the street.

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Placing a virtual cache at this site would be better than placing a micro or traditional, if we want to talk safety. This site is in a very rural area and having people stopping to perform this cache to get the answer is not a traffic hazard by any means. This site is listed with Conventions and Visitors Bureau in Bedford county, so the police are very aware of people stopping here. Now if people had to get out of their vehicles to find an actual cache, it would not be that safe. That's my 2 cents!!!

The Buzzard's: ZiggyStardust

There is one in Florida, too. In fact, I thought it was the only one, but I guess they are all over. I don't have the cache page handy, but I think it is a virtual, too. I found it because it is close to my Grandmother's house.

stealyourcache.gif Ever notice how anyone that caches more than you do is a maniac, while anyone that caches less than you do is an idiot? -Dru Morgan