GPS accuracy, Hows your readings?

Guest Geoffrey

Guest Geoffrey

Today at 8:30am eastern US time I had an accuracy of 15 feet on my Garmin 3plus.

It was great to have that accuracy.

I think that us geocachers will continue to have excellent accuracy, except near Government installations, and other sensitive areas. The GPS signal might be jammed near sensitive areas, so dont place caches there.

Jeremy can you change that one tread that says "May have to say GOODBYE to GEOCACHING for everybody?? " to something better. Love our sport.

I am sorry to jump to conclusions so early in this mess.

[This message has been edited by Geoffrey (edited 12 September 2001).]

This may be just coincidence but the accuracy figues for the past few days are interesting.

Accuracy for the 24 hours on the 10/9/01 and the first 13 hours on the 11/9/01 (UTC date/times) for here were as expected, normal and consistent (13:00 hours UTC 11/9/01 is 9am 11/9/01 New York/Washington time).

The increase in accuracy following 13:00 UTC appeared to be better by more than half in all regards and very consistent.

May just be regional (which SA has the capability of being) but the accuracy improvement here was definite and immediate?

Cheers, Kerry.

[This message has been edited by Kerry (edited 12 September 2001).]

Perhaps this is just coincidence, but I've had a hard time getting and keeping a solid lock on the sats using my yellow eTrex.

This has taken place mostly on the dash of my truck, and I have had this problem at other times, but most of the time, I get a really good lock from inside my truck.

Scott

redd@interbug.com

http://interbug.com/pigeon