Owner won't archive missing cache!

Two local, competent cachers logged DNF's for a cache I had found. I went and checked on it and found that it was indeed gone. I logged a "cache should be archived" note with pictures as proof on Friday; now it's Tuesday and cache has still not been archived by owner. Will the admins step in and handle this? Or shall I apply some more pressure on the owners to close the deal?

IntotheWoods

It's only been 4 days (actually closer to 3...you posted this just after midnight your time). Believe it or not, some people are not attached to their email.

Give them some time to get the message, or you could try emailing them directly.

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

Oh no! Only 3 days and they haven't had time to get to their computer to archive it!

I check my email several times a day, but I don't expect everyone else to. Some people check it only once a week or once a month.

Your 'cache should be archived' note should warn any other cachers that it is not available. Have some patience.

There are some caches in my area that are not available (taken by park rangers). I emailed the owner, but I know that he is several thousand miles away serving our country. I know not to go looking for these caches and I can wait a while longer for him to check his email.

Besides, if you already found the cache you have a problem with, it won't be on your closest unfound cache page. So, what's the problem?

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness bandbass.gif

I wouldn't be so harsh. The "cache should be archived" option isn't effective. I'm aware of two caches that have at least a half dozen "not found" logs each and more than one archive log and yet the cache pages are still active. One even has a log from the parks department indicating the cache has been removed. For these two its been more than 3 days, more like 3 months.

Now where did I park my car??????? monkes.gif

Perhaps the owner plans on replacing it. How does an owner archive their own cache anyway? I thought the admins had to do it, hence the "archive this cache" option.

"Au pays des aveugles, les borgnes sont rois"

[This message was edited by BrianSnat on June 03, 2003 at 03:47 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Runaround:

I wouldn't be so harsh. The "cache should be archived" option isn't effective. I'm aware of two caches that have at least a half dozen "not found" logs each and more than one archive log and yet the cache pages are still active. One even has a log from the parks department indicating the cache has been removed. For these two its been more than 3 days, more like 3 months.

Now where did I park my car??????? http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/monkes.gif

On caches like this, feel free to email the info to me or any other cache approver as well.

We would be happy to look into it.

"This Cache Should Be Archived" works really well when the archived cache has permision.

Still give it some time. The owner may actualy go and replace the cache. I had someone post the archive option on a cache of mine without bothering to email me. It was a moving cache so I emailed the prior placer to verify it and they did (Took two weeks, not 3 days) it was gone and then after having had it unarchived so I could verify it I archived it on my own.

Don't hit the panic button until it's time to panic.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.