Front Door Cache

Guest ruttencutter

Guest ruttencutter

How would people feel about the creation of a multi-leg (with clues) cache that will allow you to decrypt an address and gps location. The destination being the cache hidden next to the stairs in front of my townhouse.

I plan on having 'markers' in various locations in town with GPS locations on them. With the set of clues you print off of the website, you will probably follow a 3-4 mile trek once you get to the first marker.

The only issue I am having with this is that I do not want people to disturb my neighbors. Each GPS marker will have one word encrypted with the same encryption system used on geocaching.com (so it will be on the hints page they print out). Combining the words will give the street number and apartment number for the house, but not the street name.

Once the visitors find the cache, they can log themselves in and knock on my door. I will probably set up a webcam in my window to capture my visitors ;-)

What do you think?

-S

Guest cache_ninja

heheh cool idea

although, some people might not find a townhouse particularly interesting as a cache location. although the type of hunt makes it unique, and the web cam idea is cool, but as with other people who have suggested similar stuff, there is some concern w/neighbors/private property, especially , i'm assuming, townhouse means your place is connected to others? that makes many potential neighbors who might call the cops everytime a 'cacher is poking around there, especially after dark..

c/n

[This message has been edited by cache_ninja (edited 13 June 2001).]

Guest kbraband

A few weeks ago I posted a question about placing a cache on my property, and I asked for opinions. I decided against it because others pointed out that some people aren't very good at hitting the mark, so they may stray onto my neighbor's property. Out of respect for my neighbors, I decided not to place one on my property.