High/Low...

umc

High/Low is something I saw in the movie About Us. Basically in the movie the characters sit around the dinner table and discuss their highs and lows for the day. You can start with either the High or the Low and add a response as often as you want.

I will start with my LOWS for the day.

To sart out I got up at six am which was fine until I lost a contact early on in getting my morning started. I was out the Door by 7am to go caching. I hit two caches when I noticed the front end of my truck was shaking. It got worse as I headed down the road so I went back to the shop where I just had it serviced. The Right side wheel was about to fall off so I did the right thing and got there just in time. That taken care of I headed on to more caching. Durning my caching I was headed across town when (I think I may have been looking at a cache page) I ran into the car in front of me. I couldn't stop fast enough. It was cold and the ground was a bit slick. That was the topper. We waited for the police I got my ticket then since the frontend damage was not rendering my truck un drivable so I went on and finished the caches I set out for. Thought about going home and drowning my sorrows but nope.

So that was a pretty poor day for me.

Now the HIGH.

I found 10 caches today. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

High: Got together with Ttepee and her young brave scout for a day of caching, 3 if it worked out well.

Low: Couldn't find the first cache after a 2 mile hike in, got dark, all done for day, out just before it was too dark to see.

High: Meeting young brave scout. (That's what I'm calling her son. He scouts the trail ahead of us.)

Low: Finding out neither one can go back out tomorrow.

High: Decided to place a cache or two tomorrow.

Low: Nothing to bring me down after that last plan!

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

[This message was edited by Planet on December 01, 2002 at 06:36 AM.]

Hmmm... It's been mainly low for me.

I went out to the store today and had my driver's license and debit card in my coat pocket. I remember putting the debit card back after I paid and it couldn't fall out of the pocket. I went home, but when I went out later, the license and card were nowhere to be found. I checked all pockets. I remember taking my cell phone out of the same pocket at home and maybe the cards with it. I think I set the cards down somewhere in the house but now I can't find them! I called the store and they are not there. Now I'm very worried! I wish my cards had GPS coordinates!!!!

High point? Well, I saw that one of my big time stranded travel bugs finally got picked up. Also, out of frustration, I decided to watch Princess Mononke for the umpteenth time to try to relax. That at least made me happy (love that movie)! Now, I'm about to watch Kiki's Delivery Service to further take my mind off it.

Of course I have to go searching for the cards some more tomorrow!

pokeanim3.gif

High: 2 FTFs to start the day off and 9 total finds before we ran out of light.

Low: 2 of the caches were camo, hidden in Ivy. icon_mad.gif I mean, come on, it's hard enough to find something in Ivy, does it really need to be Camo? icon_razz.gif I'd prefer a nice bright blue. icon_wink.gif

--Marky

"Everyone spends time in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

Sorry to hear that Carleenp, I wish you luck in finding them.

High: Two brand new caches just popped up in my area today, I will go after them in the morning.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

High: Woke up to find out if my Dad had to be brought to the hospital overnight (renal failure) and he didn't!

Low: Woke up on the second to last day off of the holiday weekend at 7:45 and couldn't go back to sleep till I made the phone call. Great news then shortly later tried to go back to sleep (was at friends till late last night for the Friends Feast) but everytime I fell asleep the phone rang and woke me up again.

High: At Planet's call I said what the hell...who needs sleep... get over here and lets go caching.

Low: Planet's coming over for the first time... I better clean up some of this mess.

High: When she got here my son decided to come hiking with us. (hard to get him to go play with mom anymore)

Low: Lost my cigs on the 2 mile hike in.

High: Planet had some icon_smile.gif

Low: Couldn't find the cache amongst the snow and matted leaves.

High: It's warm (40'sF) or my soaking wet feet would be frozen.

Low: I hate getting skunked by a cache.

High: We made it out slightly before dark.

Low: Dave's answering machine at work brokedown and he never got the message I left him about going caching this afternoon.

High: He saw the Ct plates in the driveway and figured it was Planet. She came inside and hung out for awhile and Dave got to meet another cacher as crazed as me with more forum posts then me! (Dave is not a cacher)

High: We had a great long walk on forgiving terrain to help work off all the wonderful feasts of late.

Low: We never did find that pack of smokes on the way out and now I littered!

High: Still psyched tonight from a satisfying hike, though unsuccessful find.... and I don't have to work in the morning... I'ze sleepin in

icon_cool.gif

High: Thunderstorm washed my filthy cachemobile.

Low: Driving around Havasu finding '"Riddled" with Critters' clues in the rain, some water washed in my trunk and got a camera strap wet.

High: Took dad on his first cache.

Low: He didn't seem too excited, but HIGH: he seemed glad to spend time with me.

High: This week my work sent me to Havasu and Laughlin, where I wanted to go for Thanksgiving to see my dad anyways.

Low: My brother had school Tues. nite and couldn't make the trip with me.

High: Got 5 caches on the trip.

Low: Passed one right next to road that I didn't know about until later when I was looking at the track.

High: My work gave me a dollar raise.

Low: Uhh. Can't think of any.

High: I will be traveling to probably about 10 cities by the end of the year.

Low: I will probably only have tomorrow and Christmas Day off.

Jeesh! I should have taken a job in retail icon_wink.gif

"I can't find the longitude for the North Pole"

High: Spent the entire day with my wife, which is great, and a win for me, because she is a lot cooler to hang out with than me, so I get the better deal! icon_smile.gif We went to the San Francisco Auto Show - which was lots of fun - and saw some cars that we dreamed about being great cache-mobiles! There was a station wagon by one company (can't remember who) that actually had a 4-level suspension you could control with a button in the car! We also found a fun cache on Treasure Island, in the Bay Area - Clipper Cove - especially fun because you can only get to it during very low tide.

Low: We thought we could get to the cache without too much trouble, so doing it before going to a decent restaurant in our 'decent restaurant' clothes seemed safe - but clumsy me tripped over a branch and tumbled onto the wet sand - getting everything I was wearing messy. So, the evening plans changed! icon_frown.gif

High: Went out and placed a cache today.

Low: Got a message on my cell phone saying "Do you know you're on floor duty today?" Showed up to work late. This was bound to happen sooner or later.

Even lower: The phone hasn't rung yet since I got here.

Lower still: I have to stay until 5:00 on a Sunday.

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

Lows: None Today!

High: Thanks to Mother Nature the inspiration for a better name for a Cache came to light while on the ridge line, while doing Cache Maintenance.

Cool: The picture that the first finder took of the reminder that we are not alone when we go caching are out here in CO. icon_razz.gif

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=137234&L=788841

Tahosa - Dweller of the Mountain Tops.