Degree Confluence Project

Guest logscaler

Guest logscaler

Red and I have logged five of thirty for Oregon, and we are looking to hit a couple more. But, look and see how many are left unfound in your state and/or are not pending. That will save you a lot of trouble, And who knows how many new little hiddy holes you will find. Just a thought, has anybody checked how Tupperware is doing on the stock exchange?

Guest geoark1

quote:
Originally posted by logscaler:

Hey people. Try out this item. It is a real kick in the pants. The only hints you get are from how good you can read a map and know the area. Red and I have logged five of thirty for Oregon, and we are looking to hit a couple more. But, look and see how many are left unfound in your state and/or are not pending. That will save you a lot of trouble, And who knows how many new little hiddy holes you will find. Just a thought, has anybody checked how Tupperware is doing on the stock exchange?

We Wife/Myself posted our first Last weekend have two located and ready to go as soon as it cools off (gets under 103)

Guest ClayJar

If any of you have done a confluence more unpleasant than the one I did (31N,91W), can you please post it here? icon_smile.gif

I actually did my first geocache (a very simple local one) and this confluence on my first Saturday of MAP 330 ownership, and since then, everything has seemed to be a piece of cake (with frosting and candles). I'd like to think that there are harder things out there to look forward to. icon_wink.gif

Seriously, though, I am going to go after the last two confluences in Louisiana, if they're still unclaimed once I finish my 3-day-weekends summer. I'm just taking the long weekends to do more long-distance geocaching (a 3-day weekend with me running sound at church Sunday is as long as a regular weekend without me running sound, and I'm almost always running sound).

Guest ClayJar

If any of you have done a confluence more unpleasant than the one I did (31N,91W), can you please post it here? icon_smile.gif

I actually did my first geocache (a very simple local one) and this confluence on my first Saturday of MAP 330 ownership, and since then, everything has seemed to be a piece of cake (with frosting and candles). I'd like to think that there are harder things out there to look forward to. icon_wink.gif

Seriously, though, I am going to go after the last two confluences in Louisiana, if they're still unclaimed once I finish my 3-day-weekends summer. I'm just taking the long weekends to do more long-distance geocaching (a 3-day weekend with me running sound at church Sunday is as long as a regular weekend without me running sound, and I'm almost always running sound).

Guest Anton

Greetings,

I hid my first geocache at 43N, 76W. The Confluence folks added a link from their page to geocaching.com clue page. If you hide a cache at a confluence, send an email to the Degree Confluence Project, and let them know. Your clue page will eventually get a link, too! Takes them awhile to publish the link - all volunteers.

There are now a growing number of confluence caches. You can generate a list of the ones with the word confluence in their cache name by entering "confluence" as a keyword in the geocache search engine.

Anton, 10H/10F

------------------

Anton Ninno - N2RUD

Syracuse, NY 13210

[This message has been edited by Anton (edited 09 July 2001).]

Guest Markwell

Jeremy has icons for several different types of caches, including Letterbox hybrids. What about "Confluence" Caches with an icon that looks like a crosshair? Hmmmm.

Guest Nemesis

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

"Confluence" Caches with an icon that looks like a crosshair?

I suggested that earlier (in the thread about the icons). icon_wink.gif

I seem to recall that "confluence caches" were also known as "devine geocaches", is that correct?

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.

Guest Nemesis

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

"Confluence" Caches with an icon that looks like a crosshair?

I suggested that earlier (in the thread about the icons). icon_wink.gif

I seem to recall that "confluence caches" were also known as "devine geocaches", is that correct?

Cheers,

Donovan Govan.