What do you have hanging on your keychain?

gmaxis

House key, Niece's house Key, handcuff key, 2 Kroner coin I got from Copenhagen in 96 (they come with a hole in them), and a Honda Accord key with built in keyless transmitter, that I modified (replaced chip) to work in my CR-V, Photon Micro-Light (yellow).

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

My keychain has a central hub with 5 small split rings that detach from it.

On one I have my car alarm remote, speedpass, car key, house key and Club (steering wheel lock) key.

Another has keys to my motorcycle, another speedpass and a copy of my house key.

Another has keys related to my job.

Another has my mailbox keys.

The last has various keys on it, including padlock keys, a handcuff key and some other "miscellaneous" keys.

No doo-dads or unnecessary stuff to be found on my keychain. I don't have the room...

--

Random fortune:

sigimage.php

I have three keychains, one with no keys, just tools.

Car Key chain has the huge keys with the RFID tags imbedded, the power button fob, and a padlock key for the hitch. No room for anything else.

Work keys -- 8 keys, a P38, my school ring, and one of those Sears keyring screwdrivers.

My pack key ring has no keys, a 4" adjustable wrench, screwdriver, P38, churchkey, nailcipper, penknife, and a small piece of metal I cannot identify nor remember what it is as I sit here and look at it. This is the key ring I carry in my pack when out and about, like caching or hiking.

I can't combine them all into one. I couldn't walk even if I had a pocket big enough.

========================================

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

_P38 ?_

Walther P38?

P38 modem?

My first thought was of a small model of an old fighter plane. My second thought was that it was weird that two people had the same model plane on their keychain. My third thought was that the plane was actually a P51 and that I was an idiot. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh yeah, and it's car key (VW), housekey, other housekey, blindingly bright LED-light thingie (blue), and my GTI keyfob. When the VW's broken (like now) icon_frown.gif, there's also the BMW key added.

CK

--

Geocaching: The World's Finest Outdoor Geeking

"Oh, look at me. I'm off with my way cool friends to sniff floor wax." - Brian, 'My So-Called Life'

Buick key (trunk/door)

Toyota key (trunk/door)

GM key (trunk/door)

Keyless door/trunk/alarm remote (for GM, above)

Off the Record Frequent Buyer keyfob (a record store in San Diego, CA)

Wegmans Shoppers Club keyfob (a grocery store chain in NY, etc.)

Master padlock key

House front door key

House rear garage key

Front door key of a house in Riverside, CA that I haven't lived in for almost four years

...and two unknown, random keys.

I still have all my P38's from the C-rations I ate when I was in the Army. I DIDN'T NEED TO BUY NO STINKIN P38s!!! icon_wink.gif

Let's see: multitool, flashlight, keys to stuff. Yes, its a very tiny multitool, but effective!

"Geocaching: the perfect sport for introverts!"

quote:
Originally posted by CurlyKrakow:

My third thought was that the plane was actually a P51 and that I was an idiot. icon_rolleyes.gif

The P-38 Lightning is also a real plane (but I do agree they have can openers on the keychain)

p38j1z.jpg

homer.gif

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."

quote:
Originally posted by leatherman:

_P38 ?_

Walther P38?

P38 modem?

I can't believe there are actually people that have never heard of a p-38 can opener. I guess I grew up with a bunch of military freaks. In my neighborhood, no one walked the streets, much less went camping, without one.

I carried one for years. Always had one problem, the darn thing would 'open up' in my pocket and stick me in the leg. A wrap of electrical tape solved that problem.

Don't try to get on an airplane with one. (or with a Walther P38 for that matter LOL)

Caint never did nothing.

GDAE, Dave

quote:

I can't believe there are actually people that have never heard of a p-38 can opener. I guess I grew up with a bunch of military freaks. In my neighborhood, no one walked the streets, much less went camping, without one.

I was never in the military, but I know what one is and have a few in my backpacking bag. But I don't think I'd walk around with one on my key ring. It's not often that I have the occassion to open a can of tuna, or smoked oysters outside the house. Besides, I agree that it's a bit sharp to be carrying around in my pocket.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues" -Abraham Lincoln

I wondered what was meant by a P38 at first, but saw the answer in later posts.

The Australian Army version of what I think is the same thing is a small can-opener with a shallow spoon at one end. The whole thing is as long as your index finger. It is commonly called a F.R.E.D (F'ing Ridiculous Eating Device).

As for keychain items: Car Remote Lock, 3 keys.

(my Leatherman Squirt, Victorinox MiniChamp, and Saphire Light are carried in pockets or clipped to belt loops)

Let's see....As for keys I've got my car ignition key, and car trunk key, house key, and mailbox key. Keychains are a Jeg's High Performance keychain, Columbus Bluejackets pewter hockey glove, and a mini mag light...everything is held together with a mini-biner.

Mr. 0

"Remember that nature and the elements are neither your friend or your enemy - they are actually disinterested."

Department of the Army Field Manual FM 21-76 "Survival" Oct. 1970

Lets see...

Key to my Jeep

Remote for same Jeep

Key to Cathy's Acura

Remote for same Acura

Key to my house

Key to my office

Three keys to desks and files in my office

Key to rear gate to my backyard.

luggage key (which I can't use anymore because security doesn't let you lock your bags).

Oops, forgot to mention the mini 'biner.

[This message was edited by sbell111 on April 28, 2003 at 02:21 PM.]

I have a unity knot sytle loop made from parachute cord, 6 keys, a handy dandy bottle opener,and 5 of those dadgum store savings cards, petco, stop and hop, shaws, cvs and block buster......I hate big heavy key chains......grrrrrh I had the geo compass but the ring kept popping off......

Do you get funny looks from co-workers -when you say your going into the woods with a 200$ gadet to find kids toys?

See You In the Woods!!!

Natureboy1376

In my earlier post I mentioned a P38 and churchkey. I expected everyone knew what a P38 was (I was wrong), I expected a few ?!? about a churchkey. It has nothing to do with locks on a house of worship. It's an old slang term for another household implement.

Anybody wanna try?

"The time has come" the Walrus said "to speak of many things; of shoes and ships and sealing wax, of cabbages and Kings".

quote:
Originally posted by Dave54:

In my earlier post I mentioned a P38 and churchkey. I expected everyone knew what a P38 was (I was wrong), I expected a few ?!? about a churchkey. It has nothing to do with locks on a house of worship. It's an old slang term for another household implement.

Anybody wanna try?

With twist-off tops on all but good beer bottles, not sure too many people have a use for a churchkey anymore.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

quote:
Originally posted by martmann:

quote:
Originally posted by Dave54:

Anybody wanna try?

With twist-off tops on all but good beer bottles, not sure too many people have a use for a churchkey anymore.

http://community.webshots.com/album/67423220KEECyy

A Winner!

I guess I'm fortunate, my P-38 seems to want to stay closed.

I've actually found myself using it more as a screwdriver than a can opener anyway . . . I think that's probably true of most people who have them.

Reading through the link I posted above, I found some stories of people who had their P-38's taken from them at airports. I'm still amazed that the last time I flew I had three of them in one pocket--and even after being pulled aside and wanded as a "random security inspection." Amazing....glad I lived to tell about it. icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44

2 Key rings.

1st Jeep Key and 2-way Alarm Fob

2nd House Keys (4 total), Truck key, Gas cap key, Toyota key, Speedpass, Handcuff key all on a mini biner.

Wow alot of us have Handcuff Keys icon_biggrin.gif

May not be to many uses for the church keys, but its a great way to speed drink a can of beer.

"We never seek things for themselves - what we seek is the very seeking of things."

Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I have keys for all of our Bronco's, all of our cars, the house, the hunting trailer, all the gates into and out of the hunting land, my mom's house (I think), my sisters house, all the keys to work, a coin sized white LED flash light, a AAA mini Maglight and a keyless remote for my wife's Blazer. I think that's about it... Oops, I forgot the tool box keys, gun case keys, keys to my hunting partners house, trucks and cars...

Jon.

Shayl.gif

Come visit us on the web!!

The JJ&C Railroad

[This message was edited by The Foster Clan on April 28, 2003 at 10:23 PM.]

Maybe I should have also said that I'm pretty much out of space in that pocket but I also carry no less than two knives at all times. A small Spiderco that's used daily and a Gerber Multi tool used almost as much. I also carry a larger utility or hunting knife when I'm/we are way out in the woods caching, camping, hiking or hunting. My trusty military issue web belt and folding buckle (some of you will know what the buckle is/for) with the extra length slid back through my belt loops in case I need extra material. Double boot laces in my boots (never know when you may need extra rope) and at times a Colt .45 (yes it's licensed and so am I).

Jon.

Shayl.gif

Come visit us on the web!!

The JJ&C Railroad

On a Bison multi-ring keychain, besides the numerous keys, a P-38 (not the plane), a small REI whistle, an REI compass/thermometer, a Princeton Tec Pulsar.

The Victorinox Classic and Leatherman Squirt ride in the opposite pocket...

Ron/yumitori ('Let's see... can I drop any other names?')

A blue gekko bottle opening keychain in recognition of my rock climbing hobby. One office desk key. One mailbox key. Two keys to my house - the one I originally had and the one my ex boyfriend gave back to me.

UPSCWRU (University of Puget Sound, Case Western Reserve University)