"Quest" caches

FreeRadical

All the multi-caches in my area are located in a reasonably small area, and all parts can be reached on foot, within a single visit. Has anyone done, or set up a "Quest" type multi-cache. One where travel between the parts would require a vehicle and probably multiple days?

I would like to propose a new cache category, the "Quest" cache. This style cache could have multiple sub-types.

A "Simple Quest" cache would be one that required no less than 6 steps, with each step being between 10 to 100 miles apart.

A "Large Quest" cache would be one that required no less than 10 steps, with each step being between 25 to 250 miles apart.

A "Grand Quest" would be one that required no less than 25 steps, with each step being between 100 to 1000 miles apart.

and lastly the "Ultimate Quest" would be the completion of 6 "Grand Quests", with each of them on a seperate continent.

OK, I am done, you can proceed to flame me now.

87209_900.gif Oh come on....where is it ?????

I did one that took you to several locations in three different parts that were several miles apart. It was a lot of fun, judging from the comments.

I'm working on one now that will require hiking/biking as the first stage and a boat for the second stage, and the boat launch is about 3 miles from the end point of the first stage.

A cache around here is pretty complex. Full of puzzles, short hikes, and long hikes. We haven't finished it yet, waiting for next summer's warmth to clear the snow away. It's called the 12 Step:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=28634

Quest caches are fun when you have the time and daylight to enjoy them. In Missoula, there seem to be a lot of nice multisteps that are winter friendly. check out the Moveable Feast for a neat idea too.

-Jennifer

Nothing is really work unless you would rather be doing something else. (JM Barrie)