Are You a Pro-cache-tinator

I have so many geocaching projects going that I could do it as a full time job. The thing is they are all in various states of completion. I keep meanin to pick something and finish it, but am lacking a "round tuit," or a "butfor". Then there's the whole gotta bust 50 thing that has now become 100.

My main reason for starting this little thread is to coin this term in case it hasn't been done before and see if anyone else will fess up to it.

PRO-CACHE-TINATION:

1. To delay placing a cache for various reasons.

2. To delay hunting a cache for various reasons.

3. To put off chores and obligations to go hunt caches.

4. To put off chores and obligations to spend time on geocaching forums coining cute geocaching terms instead of working.

icon_razz.gif Let the cacher who has not sinned type the first flame on this thread. icon_razz.gif

snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

I have two containers sitting on my workbench, surrounded by cans of spray paint in subdued colors, bags of swag, etc. I even have a notepad with the coordinates of the hiding places and rough drafts of the descriptions, hints, etc., sitting on top.

None of it has moved in a month.

Is that the kind of symptom you mean?

Davea_W6DPS

My two cents worth, refunds available on request. (US funds only)

There's something wrong with me...

I recently took a long weekend trip to Central Oregon, an area filled with heavenly high desert multi-caches. I took along my baby and alien husband. Ostensibly it was a hiking type family vacation weekend, but I surreptitiously directed all of our plans to accomodate my fat pile of cache pages. I was able to drag them to several caches with me, but after three days, my husband was just sick of all that driving around in circles looking at maps. Our last night at the hotel, I said oops, almost out of formula, I better go to the grocery store, and proceeded to hunt down one last cache. Deservedly, I didn't find it, and I came back an hour later with a ****ed off partner wondering where I was. I felt like an alcoholic lying to my family just so I could find an ammo box filled with trinkets!

quote:
Originally posted by chubby forest monkey:

There's something wrong with me...

I recently took a long weekend trip to Central Oregon, an area filled with heavenly high desert multi-caches. I took along my baby and alien husband. Ostensibly it was a hiking type family vacation weekend, but I surreptitiously directed all of our plans to accomodate my fat pile of cache pages. I was able to drag them to several caches with me, but after three days, my husband was just sick of all that driving around in circles looking at maps. Our last night at the hotel, I said oops, almost out of formula, I better go to the grocery store, and proceeded to hunt down one last cache. Deservedly, I didn't find it, and I came back an hour later with a ****ed off partner wondering where I was. I felt like an alcoholic lying to my family just so I could find an ammo box filled with trinkets!

Hi, my name is Chubby Forest Monkey and I'm a Cachaholic. icon_wink.gif

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

Well now THAT was clever. Soooo, You are on my hate list as well because I didn't think of it.

Currently I am going through that process of where, when, and which route?

Mine is screwy because I prefer the "off the beaten path" caches. there are quite a few left in Fresno, CA. that I haven't found soooo...maybe, I don't know...

don't get me wrong....I LOVE the caches...I just HATE being in Fresno, or any city for that matter. - JamesJM

I guess I should confess the cache I adopted about a year ago and immediately temporarily disabled it because it needed some maintenance. I haven't been back since. I feel like a schmoe... but for a long while I had some transportation issues to deal with. After I got that straightened out, it came down to just being lazy.

Sorry.

Jamie

Well, growing up, my mom always said my motto was, 'Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow?' So I guess I qualify.

I have yet to place my first cache, although I chose the location for it before we even logged our first find. I just told my husband two days ago, 'We need to get that cahce placed, because sooner or later someone else is going to think of putting one there.' Well, guess what--I just saw tonight that someone DID put one just down the road from there TWO DAYS AGO (I was also planning to put one there, at the same time I placed the first cache!). icon_mad.gif

I guess my new motto should be 'Carpe diem' or perhaps 'Carpe cache-site'

*Daphne*

P.S. We have also seriously put off lawnwork this spring because we've been geocaching every week-end (we still have not gotten the entire yard mowed!) icon_eek.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Snoogans:

Hi, my name is Chubby Forest Monkey and I'm a Cachaholic. icon_wink.gif

Ah, so there is a chapter of CA active somewhere! How do I sign up?

I would definately fall under #3, but most definately do not fit #2. No reason to wait to go caching, it only means I won't be able to log the first find on those new caches as soon as they pop up...

...Not all who wander are lost... unless the batteries in their GPS die, their maps get ruined by rainwater when their pack leaks, and they find themselves in a laurel thicket. Then, they are probably lost.

-DavidMac; (formerly Someonenameddave)

I havn't counted lately but I bet we have 50-75 containers in the garage (mostly micro's) just waiting to be placed. And today at the grocery store they had the lock-n-lock canisters on sale so I bought some of those for caches.

Hello my name is Wander Lost and I'm a Pro-Cache-inator.

smile02.gif We're all here, because we're not 'all there'.

icon_geocachingwa.gif

PRO-CACHE-TINATOR: (n) A person or team that does not look for caches nearly as much as they used to. Team_Shibby is a most likely candidate. As where most cachers have over 100 finds within there first year, T_S still looms under 40 icon_frown.gif

Two members of the team are new home owners so their plate is mighty full at this time while the third member (ME) hates coming home to find no place to park my car icon_mad.gif

Kar

Does this get me in the club? Last fall, just before Thanksgiving, I think, I placed a 5-gallon pail complete with trinkets, FTF prize, and logbook in the woods as the final stage of a multi-stage cache I have been thinking about for a while. It's still out there (I hope!) and I still haven't gotten a round to placing all the rest of the stages yet. I still have one to go and another one that I might move a little before finally posting the cache!

Lou AKA

TxHiPowr

quote:
Originally posted by txhipowr:

Does this get me in the club? Last fall, just before Thanksgiving, I think, I placed a 5-gallon pail complete with trinkets, FTF prize, and logbook in the woods as the final stage of a multi-stage cache I have been thinking about for a while. It's still out there (I hope!) and I still haven't gotten a round to placing all the rest of the stages yet. I still have one to go and another one that I might move a little before finally posting the cache!

Lou AKA

TxHiPowr

Now that's dedication to procachtination. This could probably be the first cache to be archived BEFORE it has even been submitted. WAY TO GO!!! You have taken procachtination to a new level.

I was thinking of writing a book on procachtination, but I put it off to play Halo.

I was flipping across an 80's channel on the radio today and they were playing the Rod Stewart song, "Infatuation." For some reason I replaced infatuation with procachtination. Now, TRY TO GET THAT TUNE OUTTA YOUR HEAD!!!!

[This message was edited by Snoogans on May 15, 2003 at 04:38 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Scooby, Shaggy & Daphne:

Well, growing up, my mom always said my motto was, 'Why do today what I can put off until tomorrow?' So I guess I qualify.

I guess my new motto should be 'Carpe diem' or perhaps 'Carpe cache-site'

*Daphne*

Don't feel bad Daphne. Notice the quote under my signature.

I like "Carpe d' cache," as an antiprocachtination motto. Now say antiprocachtination 5 times real fast.

Oh, hell yeah! MattCat&T and I are big time pro-cachtinators! You should read MattCat&T's logs from just yesterday (5/14) or from 4/1! I have skipped lunch to go caching. Blue Man and I played hooky from work to go do "boat-only" caches. I have left work at 10am when I saw a new cache pop up, just to get the FTF.

That's it! I am changing my Avitar to "Pro-cachtinator!"

"I would give my right arm to be ambidextrous!"

quote:
Originally posted by Marky:

If this was a poll, I'd pick 3. My poor house is a shambles... but it's a happy household. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

I am going to post a pic of my backyard as soon as I take one. I'm barely keeping up appearances in the front.

I have been shamed into action. Today I checked on the long ago placed final stage of my multi-cache and it was in excellent shape. I added a log entry (the other entry was from 11/19/2002 when I placed it) and sealed it back up. Now I just have to place ONE MORE STAGE before I can get this thing listed!

TxHiPowr

quote:
Originally posted by txhipowr:

Lou AKA

TxHiPowr

quote:

quote:

If this was a poll, I'd pick 3. My poor house is a shambles... but it's a happy household. icon_smile.gif

--Marky

I am going to post a pic of my backyard as soon as I take one. I'm barely keeping up appearances in the front.

If you decide to do a neglected backyard contest, I have some great pictures to submit!

"Could be worse...could be raining"

quote:
Originally posted by ErSamin:

quote:

quote:

--Marky

If you decide to do a neglected backyard contest, I have some great pictures to submit!

"Could be worse...could be raining"

Mine won't win now. I spent the entire weekend procachtinating to work in the yard. #2 on the list. I HAVEN'T BAGGED A CACHE SINCE 5/11 Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....http://www.texasgeocaching.com