OT: I'm going to be robbed, but they don't know I know...

quote:
Originally posted by AllenLacy:

Well the date of the picture file at http://www.acceptable-risk.com/webcam/webcam32.jpg is Saturday, November 23, 2002 6:28:51 PM GMT So I guess he never got it to update from the camera software.

I don't know how you know that, but if this is true, I certainly hope AR is not going to be robbed, but I also hope he's not sitting back laughing at everyone that's stopping by to watch this picture that will never change. At least it gave me something to do now and then while I was at the office. icon_biggrin.gif Hey, AR how's about an update?

Cache you later,

Planet

Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right, But Three Lefts Do.

The way I know when http://www.acceptable-risk.com/webcam/webcam32.jpg was last updated is to look directly at the headers provided by the web server. But Acceptable Risk did say

quote:
The webcam isn't updating correctly so I have to drive in and fix it tomorrow (I did verify that it is locally saving tho so my 5 second pictures are working)
so apparently he didn't get it fixed, but if anything happened he should have the local copies.

Isn't that the same glow you get when an alien from outerspace is entering a room? And I vote for a big clock that also shows the day and date.

AR, can you also add a large note on the vending machine telling us whether or not you are at work or out geocaching? icon_wink.gif That way we will know it is updating for sure.

Go Buffs!!! Beat Nebraska!!

Ikayak Said

quote:
AR, can you also add a large note on the vending machine telling us whether or not you are at work or out geocaching? That way we will know it is updating for sure.

Yeah AR, let us know when your out geocaching... That way we will know when to break in icon_wink.gif

Bassoon Pilot Said:

quote:
Acceptable Risk stole all the personal information off their computer and immediately sold it to an illegal alien.

Be carefull about references to aliens, we are a proud species and sometimes very sensitive.

I would really rather NOT believe!

Would some one please break in there and put a clock on the wall or Coke machine...JUST KIDDING....

THANX ALOT!!!...I'll be watching this Flippin web cam all weekend now!!

This would make to one of those "Real" TV shows for sure if the robbers show up...Hang in there maybe nothing will happen...And Happy Thanksgiving to all our Cachers to the South ...Although we already had our Thanksgiving up here last month...Why do Y'all wait so long to have yours?

Take care...

*****The other day I was playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.*****

and that door is still open. Nothing looks different. Is that the store room? or the whole office or what? What's the bright light. AR you can't start a thread like this and walk away from it. This is as bad as not maintaining a cache you know. Get with the program!!!!

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

and that door is still open. Nothing looks different. Is that the store room? or the whole office or what? What's the bright light. AR you can't start a thread like this and walk away from it. This is as bad as not maintaining a cache you know. Get with the program!!!!

As of right now, that pic was last modified: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 12:35:44 PM Local time.

So its about 24hrs old. Also I dont think the door is actually open, just bright light shining on it from a window/skylight. Look at the bottom of the door, you can see light coming in under it.

11493_700.jpg

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

quote:
Originally posted by Mopar:

quote:
Originally posted by Planet:

As of right now, that pic was last modified: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 12:35:44 PM Local time.

So its about 24hrs old. Also I dont think the door is actually open, just bright light shining on it from a window/skylight. Look at the bottom of the door, you can see light coming in under it.

+ _Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon. _

Looks like the door is open, and the screen door is shut. See the light shining up on the shelves and the wall? You can see the screen door in an older pic. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

49164_2600.jpg

"Ich erhielt zwei Drehscheiben und ein Mikrophon."

I spent the entire weekend in suspense. Nothing so far. The person I suspect actually came in yesterday and I noticed that he didn't try to come into the back of the store, which is unusual for him.

I'm still 100% sure something's going to happen I just don't know when. I actually bought a GameCube just to take my mind off of it... Screw these people for making me paranoid, I think the wait is worse than actually getting broken into...

geosig.jpg

Contents Under Pressure...

quote:
Originally posted by Acceptable Risk:

I spent the entire weekend in suspense. Nothing so far. The person I suspect actually came in yesterday and I noticed that he didn't try to come into the back of the store, which is unusual for him.

I'm still 100% sure something's going to happen I just don't know when. I actually bought a GameCube just to take my mind off of it... Screw these people for making me paranoid, I think the wait is worse than actually getting broken into...

http://www.acceptable-risk.com/images/geosig.jpg

We want a clock!!!

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

Well if something's going to happen, you'll probably miss it. The camera doesn't appear to be updating. You could probably tie a ribbon to the fan and turn the fan on, at the very least, to see if it's updating as often as you said it would. If you like staring at the same picture of a door, go ahead.

We want, no, we demand a clock over the door!

Pleeeeease. icon_wink.gif

Cache you later,

Planet

quote:
Originally posted by cachew nut:

Well if something's going to happen, you'll probably miss it. The camera doesn't appear to be updating. You could probably tie a ribbon to the fan and turn the fan on, at the very least, to see if it's updating as often as you said it would. If you like staring at the same picture of a door, go ahead.

I guaran****ingtee that I'm saving images every 5 seconds... The webcam is jacked but that's the least of my worries... All i want to do is nail the guy. And I will nail him, eventually... if not this weekend then the next, or the next... I will get him...

I'm pretty sure I know who it is....

geosig.jpg

For those that cannot get enough...

I have loved this webiste for many years and he never ceases to amaze me with new stuff. A geek (in Europe) has wired everything in his house to webcams or other logs.

Ring the Doorbell - post an image on the Internet

Open the Garage Door - post an image on the Internet

The cat eats - post an image on the Internet

Throw somthing in the trash can - scan the UPC label and post it on the Internet

There are tons more...

It is a lot of fun...http://www.icepick.com/

http://www.geoindiana.com