shopping for pda

$500 is too much to spend if you're only going to geocache with it. Way too much.

Pick up someting cheap (palm OS) for < $150 to try. Or, if you're a windows user (palm devices synch to a windows app anyway), consider a low-end PocketPC. PPC devices can be pretty cool, especially with a wireless setup. (And very intuitive to a regular windows user.)

I may own a $500 GPS someday. But not today. Baby steps...

-Vb

Check out the Kyocera 7135 Smartphone. It's a PalmOS phone with lots of extras. It's not cheap, and you may not have a provider in your area that carries it, but it's very nice. I have the predecessor (the 6135) which is basically a Palm III + phone and couldn't be happier - unless I had the 7135, of course icon_wink.gif

--

Random fortune:

sigimage.php

HERE is one that is not only a PDA, but an auto-routing voice prompting WAAS enabled GPSr with Mapsource USA City-Select with all unlock. MP3 player, and SD/MMC memory slot (32MB built in) for $470, but you have to wait until July (at least, they have been pushing the date forward since January).

This has every feature my Street Pilot III has, and more. Plus, it's a palm OS based PDA. Get yourself a 256MB SD memory card for $65 from Costco, and you're set.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

Get a Palm Tungsten-C. It has a 400MHz Intel processor, runs Palm OS 5, has a built-in keyboard, Wi-Fi (802.11b), 64MB RAM, 320x320 Transflective TFT color screen, and is $499.

Its going to be my next PDA as soon as I get enough money for it. icon_smile.gif

Noel

W8TVI's Geocaching Pictures

MIGO_logo_animated88x31.gif

GeoX Geocaching gear!

That torpedo did not self-destruct. You heard it hit the hull. And I....was never here.