Wit Camp 50

compiled by

peanuthead

mjbraz@juno.com

July 2nd, 2001.

This list is compiled

weekly, on Monday

Evenings.

Off the bat I see 4 on that list who are still geocaching. Could be more because I didn't check every one.

I recognized one name on the list that has found several of my geocaches.

Probably the guy with 52 on that list. Now he has 7,000, and probably finds 52 every weekend.

Hey, I wonder if any of those people dropped any cut-and-paste "TFTC" logs on any of those caches. :)

CCCooperAgency joined 5/26/01. BruceS 8/21/01. Those two probably owned later versions of that list.

Edited by TheWhiteUrkel

Off the bat I see 4 on that list who are still geocaching. Could be more because I didn't check every one.

Probably the guy with 52 on that list. Now he has 7,000, and probably finds 52 every weekend.

Hey, I wonder if any of those people dropped any cut-and-paste "TFTC" logs on any of those caches. :)

CCCooperAgency joined 5/26/01. BruceS 8/21/01. Those two probably owned later versions of that list.

Yep, that's the guy.

When my brother started geocaching a year or so ago I was following some of his first hides. One of the first logs that he got was from TeamAlamo...though I suspect that's the case for a lot of caches.

GEOCACHER # OF CACHES July 2nd, 2001

erik 126

currently 6939 found / 27 hidden - last visit today / last find 4 days ago / ranked #239 in finds

wtmrn 113

currently 150 found / 8 hidden - last visit May 24, 04 / last find Nov 18, 01

Gumby & Pokey 103

currently 1465 found / 10 hidden - last visit Nov 19, 09 / last find Aug 7, 09 / ranked #7713 in finds

GLNash 97

cannot locate username in the system - person reported May 5, 2005 that they could not find their GPS

denali 94

currently 972 found /14 hidden - last visit Nov 27, 09 / last find July 20, 09 /ranked #14407 in finds

bunkerdave 94

currently 3393 found /46 hidden - last visit today / last find Nov 27, 09 /ranked #1695 in finds

JoA 81

currently 1042 found - last visit Aug 27, 09 / last find Jan 28, 08 /ranked #13013 in finds

KF Quad Explorer 74

cannot locate username in the system

bent_twigs 74

currently 256 found / 7 hidden - last visit Nov 30, 09 / last find Jan 26, 02 / ranked#60236 in finds

Hasbro 73

currently 325 found / 4 hidden - last visit July 20, 08 / last find Oct 22, 06 /ranked#48452 in finds

erik88l-r 69

currently 2419 found / 52 hidden - last visit today / last find 4 days ago /ranked#3304 in finds

hunt4elk 66

currently 116 found / 5 hidden - last visit July 16, 08 / last find Apr 11, 03

AndiM 64

currently 117 found / 6 hidden - last visit Sep 22, 09 / last find Dec 4, 04

kkbean 58

currently 104 found / 6 hidden - last visit Aug 11, 03 / last find July 20, 03

Moun10Bike 54

currently 7653 found / 103 hidden - last visit today / last find 5 days ago /ranked#214 in finds #952 in hides - inventor of the geocoin

HFJohn 52

currently 6853 found / 53 hidden - last visit today / last find 5 days ago /ranked#291 in finds

Bufford 50

currently 899 found / 103 hidden - last visit Nov 2, 09 / last find Feb 28, 09 / ranked#15764 in finds #952 in hides

Wit Camp expeditions 50

currently 75 found / 5 hidden - last visit Dec 10, 08 / last find Apr 23, 06

compiled by

peanuthead

previously 28 found (at time of posting) currently 1942 found / 45 hidden - last visit today / last find 6 days ago

mjbraz@juno.com

July 2nd, 2001.

This list is compiled

weekly, on Monday Evenings.

The forum software was changed several years ago which disconnected the links to the OP's profile.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

Hey, I wonder if any of those people dropped any cut-and-paste "TFTC" logs on any of those caches. :rolleyes:

I'm curious what happened to CCCooperAgency. Came to my mind because of a TB I am moving in the next day or two for which she/they had logged in the past. Looks like she "retired" at 25000 finds and gave up the neck-and-neck race with Team Alamo. I know her father died somewhat recently and figure maybe she and the team became busier with the actual "agency" as a result, but what I found really strange was that it appears most if not all of her hides are "archived" though looking at a couple that were actually hidden in 09 they are "archived" with no note from her/them or the reviewer; to the point where one was still getting finds as recently as November with comments like "I didn't know this was archived", etc. Made me wonder if she/they crossed TPTB.

Does anyone know? Really curious, thanks.

I'm curious what happened to CCCooperAgency.

Still playing the game. Hosting, hiding, finding, logging, and from time to time archiving.

When is the last time that you heard from them?

I haven't, but I did see where she was using a name that was similar to CCCooperAgency, created a year or two ago, and had about 1,000 finds logged under it. I probably wouldn't post it publicly even if I did remember what it was though. B)

Still playing the game. Hosting, hiding, finding, logging, and from time to time archiving.

When is the last time that you heard from them?

I haven't, but I did see where she was using a name that was similar to CCCooperAgency, created a year or two ago, and had about 1,000 finds logged under it. I probably wouldn't post it publicly even if I did remember what it was though. B)

I wouldn't be looking to contact her or anything, though I could understand not publicly telling everyone her "new" name. Why would she start over with a new name? To find caches she already found? Wouldn't TPTB not be too keen about that?

Why would she start over with a new name? To find caches she already found? Wouldn't TPTB not be too keen about that?

Not that I think she's doing that, but why would TPTB have a problem with it?

Oh no, I'm sure they were all new finds. And I'm quite sure there were about 5 or 6 hides. But I think all that could be answered by a local to her who actually knows what the name is.

I only talked about not posting it even if I remembered it in case she desired some sort of privacy. Which I doubt is the case anyways. B)

I'm curious what happened to CCCooperAgency...

Does anyone know? Really curious, thanks.

Lynn is alive and well. We spoke not long ago and exchanged emails 2 weeks ago about a TB that she had created for me to immortalize a crazy long night of caching in Texas a few years ago that has lost its traveler, we're trying to get cachers to move the tag back to her 'home' cache so she can replace the traveler.

She slowed down some to spend more time with her family, but she's still the Energizer Bunny of Geocaching!

bull2.jpg

Sometimes cachin' gets... strange!

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler
... I did see where she was using a name that was similar to CCCooperAgency, created a year or two ago, and had about 1,000 finds logged under it. I probably wouldn't post it publicly even if I did remember what it was though. :)

I would. B)

Hmm. CCCA. I should have remembered that, but I hadn't stumbled on any logs in quite a while. I'm sure I'd seen it as I regularly surf the newest caches in Pennsylvania. Did I nail it, or what though? I said "about 1,000 finds", and the total is 996; I said "5 or 6 hides" and the total is 7.

Just retiring an account an account, and starting over. Not the first time I've seen that, there's nothing to see here. Other than this thread being informative to any people who may have thought she quit caching completely.

I first noticed her profile when I was living in NC. She had cached in the area and had over 1000 finds, and I thought that was incredible because I didnt think there was 1000 caches at that time. The next time I saw it it said 2000 and something. I then started to doubt seeing the 1000 previously and thought that somehow I had made a mistake. The next time I saw it, it said 3000+. I then figured out that it was not me, and was someone who was accumulating finds very quickly. At the time she had a picture which showed someone walking away and holding a GPS. You could not see her face as the picture seemed to imply that she was already off to the next cache. In 2005 I had moved to NJ and ran into her and Carl Mokadecki while I happened to be looking for the same cache they were. To me she seemed like a geocelebrity. ;)

I asked her about several caches, including "Tube Torcher" in NC, which I had not been able to get, and she had plenty of good stories to tell. What struck me was her incredible enthusiasm about the game. She liked all caches, even the high terrain, difficult ones and was clearly enjoying all of them. I went on to the next cache, and she went to look for another one which I had just found. At the next cache, I had some problems looking for it, and she came over and picked it out quickly (after finding the one I had found just before I met her) She was a true geocaching professional. :)

In 2007, I noticed that she was holding an event for Team Alamo (now AlamoGul) who was visiting the area.

He had joined much later than her, but had caught up to her in the find counts very quickly and was about the same as her. I was curious to see what he was like. He seemed like he had very much the same enthusiam that she did. I also noticed that they seemed to be almost the same height, and they were literally eye to eye.. :huh: Another cacher that I knew from my area had showed up also. After the event was over, I was lucky enough to tag along on a cache run with the both of them, the cacher I knew from my local area, and Lead Singer. AlamoGul, CCC and the other cacher were in her VW bug, while Lead Singer drove me around, tagging along behind them. Lead Singer was telling me about all the new accessories in the new GPSs and other things, but then her car would stop and I would jump out in an attempt to try to beat AlamoGul in finding a cache. :D We stopped at about a dozen urban caches. Several had very clever camoflage, but I actually only found 1 cache on my own. That AlamoGul guy was somekind of a geopsychic at knowing where the caches were, or could be. The only one that I had found, was a St Joseph statue that had fallen out of the bush from where it should have been anyway. It was a lot of fun. Although I am not a numbers cacher, I do have alot of respect for them, as they DO really enjoy it. Those urban caches are only as fun as you make them.

I might add, looking at the member list, there are 377 users who are currently premium members who signed up before me, so there are at least that many '01ers' still around, and that only goes through April.

Another thing I found interesting, is that there were 2682 pages of premium members (viewing 50 per page). A little simple math (2682 x 50 x $30) and you get about $4.02 million dollars a year in gross revenue from memberships. Travel bugs, licensing, swag sales, geocoins on top of that. Wish I'd thought of it.

I might add, looking at the member list, there are 377 users who are currently premium members who signed up before me, so there are at least that many '01ers' still around, and that only goes through April.

Another thing I found interesting, is that there were 2682 pages of premium members (viewing 50 per page). A little simple math (2682 x 50 x $30) and you get about $4.02 million dollars a year in gross revenue from memberships. Travel bugs, licensing, swag sales, geocoins on top of that. Wish I'd thought of it.

Wow, the one time No. 6 Geocacher in the world!!

Shh. Those revenue's are not supposed to be calculated, and posted! :)

Besides, that's only Premium Members who have visited these forums. I'll bet most Premium Members have visited at least once in their lives, but there are certainly more of them than that list would indicate.

On that July date I had 19 finds. Woohoo! I drove from GA to AL to get my 19th in fact. It was fun back then to watch erik88l-r and bent_twigs finding caches in GA. It was also good to see bent_twigs still active recently.

A quirk of the forums is that once you log in as a PM, you are forever one unless you log out and log back in. That number is really not accurate, though my guess is that the actual number is pretty high. There are 32 pages of Charter Members in addition to Premium Members. On page one of that list, click on the very first name (#9). They shows as a Charter Member, but when you click though to the profile you see they aren't one any more. Of the first twenty, only seven show as Charter or Premium Members still.

GEOCACHER # OF CACHES July 2nd, 2001

erik 126

currently 6939 found / 27 hidden - last visit today / last find 4 days ago / ranked #239 in finds

wtmrn 113

currently 150 found / 8 hidden - last visit May 24, 04 / last find Nov 18, 01

Gumby & Pokey 103

currently 1465 found / 10 hidden - last visit Nov 19, 09 / last find Aug 7, 09 / ranked #7713 in finds

GLNash 97

cannot locate username in the system - person reported May 5, 2005 that they could not find their GPS

denali 94

currently 972 found /14 hidden - last visit Nov 27, 09 / last find July 20, 09 /ranked #14407 in finds

bunkerdave 94

currently 3393 found /46 hidden - last visit today / last find Nov 27, 09 /ranked #1695 in finds

JoA 81

currently 1042 found - last visit Aug 27, 09 / last find Jan 28, 08 /ranked #13013 in finds

KF Quad Explorer 74

cannot locate username in the system

bent_twigs 74

currently 256 found / 7 hidden - last visit Nov 30, 09 / last find Jan 26, 02 / ranked#60236 in finds

Hasbro 73

currently 325 found / 4 hidden - last visit July 20, 08 / last find Oct 22, 06 /ranked#48452 in finds

erik88l-r 69

currently 2419 found / 52 hidden - last visit today / last find 4 days ago /ranked#3304 in finds

hunt4elk 66

currently 116 found / 5 hidden - last visit July 16, 08 / last find Apr 11, 03

AndiM 64

currently 117 found / 6 hidden - last visit Sep 22, 09 / last find Dec 4, 04

kkbean 58

currently 104 found / 6 hidden - last visit Aug 11, 03 / last find July 20, 03

Moun10Bike 54

currently 7653 found / 103 hidden - last visit today / last find 5 days ago /ranked#214 in finds #952 in hides - inventor of the geocoin

HFJohn 52

currently 6853 found / 53 hidden - last visit today / last find 5 days ago /ranked#291 in finds

Bufford 50

currently 899 found / 103 hidden - last visit Nov 2, 09 / last find Feb 28, 09 / ranked#15764 in finds #952 in hides

Wit Camp expeditions 50

currently 75 found / 5 hidden - last visit Dec 10, 08 / last find Apr 23, 06

compiled by

peanuthead

previously 28 found (at time of posting) currently 1942 found / 45 hidden - last visit today / last find 6 days ago

mjbraz@juno.com

July 2nd, 2001.

This list is compiled

weekly, on Monday Evenings.

The forum software was changed several years ago which disconnected the links to the OP's profile.

it is cool to see this updated list

strange how it looks like many stopped looking for caches but are still logging on

... I did see where she was using a name that was similar to CCCooperAgency, created a year or two ago, and had about 1,000 finds logged under it. I probably wouldn't post it publicly even if I did remember what it was though. B)

I would. :laughing:

Hmm. CCCA. I should have remembered that, but I hadn't stumbled on any logs in quite a while. I'm sure I'd seen it as I regularly surf the newest caches in Pennsylvania. Did I nail it, or what though? I said "about 1,000 finds", and the total is 996; I said "5 or 6 hides" and the total is 7.

Just retiring an account an account, and starting over. Not the first time I've seen that, there's nothing to see here. Other than this thread being informative to any people who may have thought she quit caching completely.

Sorry to "bump" this (I'm reviewing my rare posts over the last 6 months and saw how this thread continued), but I just looked at it an interestingly enough, it has a picture that says "game over", and says "no longer caching" and strangely, it appears she (or at least this account) "stopped caching" a day or two after these posts. Of course, being near the end of a calendar year may have made that coincidental anyway. Did she finally * truly* "retire"? Just curious, that's all.......

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa
... I did see where she was using a name that was similar to CCCooperAgency, created a year or two ago, and had about 1,000 finds logged under it. I probably wouldn't post it publicly even if I did remember what it was though. B)

I would. :laughing:

Sorry to "bump" this (I'm reviewing my rare posts over the last 6 months and saw how this thread continued), but I just looked at it an interestingly enough, it has a picture that says "game over", and says "no longer caching" and strangely, it appears she (or at least this account) "stopped caching" a day or two after these posts. Of course, being near the end of a calendar year may have made that coincidental anyway. Did she finally * truly* "retire"? Just curious, that's all.......

I suppose she wanted privacy.

I suppose she wanted privacy.

I think it was quite the opposite. She thrived on the attention. It really took the wind out of her sails when she was bumped down to #2 on the leaderboard.

Maybe her father's passing started "the end of caching"?

I don't see how there would be a problem with this thread bump. That is interesting. I hope this discussion in December 2009 had nothing to do with the abandonment of that account!! I'd like to say for the record, that I didn't post a link to the new name. :unsure:

I will tell you that events have been held, and caches hidden very recently under the original account. And the young 'un's account has also been abandoned at an nice even number. But if you think I'm saying what that account is, you're crazy. :)

Here is the first list I received of "Top Finders". (Of course I kept it for obvious reasons). Bunker Dave and I had a blast looking at it in California a couple of years ago. Not sure why "undetermined" is used. Shortly thereafter, CCCooperAgency moved to the top and stayed there for about 6 years until Team Alamo passed her.

Geocaching Sweden

Updated Dec 10, 2001

WORLD RANKING:

Top Finders

Name Found/Placed

Show Me the Cache (Kentucky) 296 /7

erik (undetermined) 274 /0

denali (Illinois) 266 /3

CCCooperAgency (Pennsylvania) 238 /5

stayfloopy (New Jersey) 234 /4

Gumby&Pokey (California) 231 /0

bunkerdave (Utah) 228 /17

Dhobby1 (undetermined) 220 /0

bent_twigs (Georgia) 213 /6

BruceS (undetermined) 213 /0

Edited by Show Me the Cache

IIRC, the "undetermined" was that the person didn't have a home location in their profile and thier list of finds was so scattered that it wasn't easy to figure out their home base. (Of course, in those days, most of us had to cache multiple states to have those kinds of numbers)

I peaked at #6 and stayed in the top 10 from about the time #1 ranged from 500-1000 finds. For a long time, four of the top ten were from Middle TN. Feros Family didn't rejoin the game after coming back from an Iraq deployment, but Southpaw, JoGPS, and I were at an event today. So there are still cachers around that have been at it since '01.

I might be able to dig up similar rankings from '02 or '03 when I was caring about such things.