We all have so much in common and......

Snoogans

I've been kicking this idea around a few days, so here goes:

My local geocaching site, texasgeocaching.com, has added an "Other Stuff," forum. The admins realized that we all have a bunch in common and that we might want to talk about something else, but stay within the geocaching community.

Remember the dark day when all the "Fun" and some off topic threads got clipped in the space of just a few minutes? I don't disagree with the logic behind locking them, but since then, everyone that goes off (geocaching) topic with a new topic expects to get shut down by The Great and Powerful Oz. That's sort of a bummer to me. It hasn't kept me away though. I enjoy the company of geocachers if only online between events.

BTW- I am fully aware that this poll really belongs on the Geocaching.com Discussion Forum, but more people will see it here.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

texasgeocaching_sm.gif Sacred cows make the best hamburger....Mark Twain.

Okay, something is freaky! Besides Snoogans, LOL. I clicked on the topic when it had 0 views and 0 replies, and then clicked on my vote choice. After clicking on the "vote" button it messed up three times before it would let me actually vote. Then it said there had been SEVEN votes counted!!!

I don't think they're locking this one, I think they're HAUNTING IT!! LOL.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

Personally, I believe any topic should be allowed in this forum...it says at the top of the general forum..."If you have a topic that doesn't quite fit anywhere else, post it here."

As long as the thread doesn't involve slander or liable (and profanity, lewdness, bad taste, etc.) I think it should be allowed.

I'm a firm believer in free speech.

(And, as an after thought...no chain letters or comercial advertising.)

==============="If it feels good...do it"================

**(the other 9 out of 10 voices in my head say: "Don't do it.")**

The quote (from the jokester poll) below was my final inspiration to post this poll:

quote:
Originally posted by mrmnjewel:

We like threads such as this one. The typical Garmin is better than Magellan or "war story" threads are fine, but occasionally something a little different are nice...

Matt & Julia

Shhhhhh Breaktrack. No one on these forums suspects that I'm freaky. icon_wink.gif If I was really rich they would say I'm eccentric.... icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by TMAN264:

I voted, can we talk about back shaving?

Make a sanity check.http://www.mi-geocaching.org/

Lol...Are you talking about that shaved Bigfoot thing that I posted or just hiary backs in general?

quote:
Originally posted by Woodbutcher68:

Breaktrack, did you vote in Florida or Chicago?

Maps?!? I don't need no stinking maps! I got coordinates!

There's a fine line between Geocaching and mental illness, I just not sure which side of the line I'm on!

Yes, actually.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Trade up, trade even, or don't trade!!!" My philosophy of life.

I agree that the General Forum seems the place to go off topic. There does seem to be a few threads here already that are a little bit off topic. (I'm referring to the Photoshop threads)

That Quack Cacher:

Lone Duck

When you don't know where you're going, every road will take you there.

quote:
Originally posted by sept1c_tank:

Personally, I believe any topic should be allowed in this forum...it says at the top of the general forum..."If you have a topic that doesn't quite fit anywhere else, post it here."

What he said.

130036_200.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Keystone Approver:

quote:
Originally posted by lowracer:

Sorry I'm checking in late. I was getting my back shaved. Are we going to get an "other" forum?

Lowracer, thanks for your question. There are no plans to offer an off-topic forum.

--------------------

smile.gif Signal says, "Drink the Kool-Aid!" smile.gif

If they start handing out awards for best mod, you get my vote K.A. Please give a class to all the others in your position.

How hard would it have been to get a direct reply from TPTB, ohhhh, AT LEAST A MONTH AGO. icon_rolleyes.gif

I had to find out on another thread that wasn't even remotely related (TOPIC) to this one. "No," or "Not now," are acceptable replies among adults.

Keep up the good work. You are raising the bar on what I expect, by way of response, from TPTB.

Sincerely,

THANK YOU. big_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gifbig_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by woof & lulu:

I don't think it would hurt to have one forum that people could use to have some fun and relax. I bet it would clean up the other threads also. People are interested in each other and naturally want to chat, about anything and everything.

I vote yesssssssss.

OOOooooOOOoooo, an opening and just as I was about to go home....

True. Ohhh so true.

If I was to share with you my interests in art, or music, or culture, or cars, or whatever.....Would not my future ON TOPIC posts have greater depth? Wouldn't everyone's? People who would normally disagree can find some common ground.

Why go talk to Joe Fweakin Public when the people who already share some common ground are RIGHT HERE. Do the math......

I for one would love to hear what other people are interested in...I am newb to the forums, but know the people here are very articulate, and I think there are a whole range of things they participate in out of GC that would be fascinating.

I also appreciate the fact that TPTB have left a few thread go that are way off topic. It seems to let off some of the tension brewing, and I would much rather post there then get into a thrashing word war anyway. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Xitron:

OMG I cannot believe me and Snoogans want the same thing. This is disturbing, although a Ferrari is probably alot of mens dreams of the perfect car. Still me and Snoogans agreeing on anything proves anything is possible.

OMG COMMON FWEAKIN GROUND!!!! Who'da THUNKT??? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Xitron:

LMAO

There should be more of that. It eases the tension of pirates and sock puppets, temper tantrums and people with attitude.

I started this thread and Lowracer revived it. Thank you Mark. I knew someone would.

Sooooo what to do with it???

I'll give TPTB an out. PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD WHEN IT GETS TWICE AS MANY VOTES AS THIS THREAD....OK???

Now, J5 has his moments and this was one of his best:

For those of you who post on a regular basis, please add something funny about the "person below me" -- Doing so will bump the thread up and near the top of the board so that the majority of visitors to this forum will see it. If you have access to multiple computers, please only answer the poll once, we'll try to keep this as honest as possible.

THAT was inspired. <insert clapping hands emoticon here.>

The Person Below ME (TPBM) Saw this coming a mile away, but is certain that the thread will get locked before recording the 258 votes.

I wish that I had time for a dog. Even a farter. I had a Great Dane that would get so embarrassed when he farted that he would get up and leave the room. The look on his face was always priceless.

TPBM has their middle fingers caught in a Chinese finger trap and can't type their reply properly.