Let's talk shoelaces!!!

cachew nut

I had that problem all the time, until I talked to a friend of mine who has been backpacking for years. He says that he uses PAM non-stick spray. I laughed my butt off, but he told me to give it a shot, so I did. It worked fantastic.

Take the laces out of your shoes, lay them down on some wax paper or foil, or cardboard (whatever is handy, just to keep the PAM from getting all over the place). Then evenly spray a few coats of pam on the laces. Let them sit for a bit (about 10 minutes is good) then carefully turn over the laces and spray a few coats on the other sides.

Works great!

This works well too. No idea how, or why, but you take your laces off and toss them in your cat's litter box. You have to let them sit there for a few weeks, but once you put them back on, the burrs don't stick.

Note, this only works with traditional kitty litter. The scoopable stuff doesn't do the job.

"You can't make a man by standing a sheep on its hind legs, but by standing a flock of sheep in that position, you can make a crowd of men" -Max Beerbohm

Yeah, I agree its a problem I could do without. I don't think I want to try any methods mentioned yet though. Velcro shoes. Thats the ticket, buy shoes or boots without laces.

Now, how do I keep the burs from getting in my underware?????? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_confused.gificon_razz.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________

Not so sure, Somewhat new Owner Of a Garmin GPS V Received on 10-03-02

I've never had a pair of shoes that lasted so long that the laces wore out. And they are like .59 cents a pack... what kind of business is that? Who out there just decides one day, "Hey, I know - I'm going to start a shoestring factory" I mean, wtf? icon_razz.gif

I guess all my shoes come equipped with proper laces from the start... my boots had these nice sealed round/tube like laces that don't collect any plantlife, so they're fine. My regular shoes... I dunno, I guess I just don't yank and pull on shoelaces like regular folks do. I've never been accused of being one of the "regular folks" of course.

geobanana.gif

The NEW Toe Pages