EPA clean up sites

Was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the sites as a virtual type of cache or locationless. With some kind of ID phone pole or photo or what have you. Pass a Super fund site often and have the info ready to go. But this being a little un usual I am looking for some kind of feedback from cachers. The site I have in mind is in the latter stages of reclamation. It is also on the EPA site and has a photo in a past issue of Nat Geo.

quite the contrary. superfund sites often have long and checkered histories. they may not be pretty (some are, by he way) but many are interesting.

jimmy hoffa isn't missing. he's in a 55-gallon drum.

it doesn't matter if you get to camp at one or at six. dinner is still at six.

OK, let me clarify.

I don't think a contaminated, fenced off toxic dump where I email the tag number of a utility pole is the sort of cache I would like to bring a TV reporter to and say "THIS is what geocaching is all about! Isn't it a blast?".

Now, if its a reclaimed, cleaned up superfund site, chances are it's now either a park, or a parking lot. If it's a park, hide a real cache there.

If its a parking lot... again, is this the example of a cache I want to show someone as an example of how fun and interesting geocaching is?

Tae-Kwon-Leap is not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

The topic of Historical superfund/polluted sites has come up were I work. It has come up with a sarcastic tone. However our envronmental people do have to scrtch their heads as the competing historical and envronmental rules collide at historical sites that are polluted beyond belief.

I'd love to see an envronmentally sensitive, cultural, historical site before I'll be truly happy though. Maybe even have it near a cave while they want to build a highway through it.

=====================

Wherever you go there you are.