Cache placement

MoonHerb

In the placing a cache document it states cache's cannot be placed within .10 miles of an existing cache.

Simple question - Is it a typo ? Does it mean 10 miles or 0.10 miles (ie. one tenth of a mile ?)

Sorry for the stupid question !!

[This message was edited by MoonHerb on August 29, 2003 at 03:16 AM.]

quote:
Originally posted by MoonHerb:

In the placing a cache document it states cache's cannot be placed within .10 miles of an existing cache.

Simple question - Is it a typo ? Does it mean 10 miles or 0.10 miles (ie. one tenth of a mile ?)

Sorry for the stupid question !!

[This message was edited by MoonHerb on August 29, 2003 at 03:16 AM.]

No stupid questions only stupid answers.

As far as I know it's 0.10 miles or zero point one miles. there no typos ;O) do a 10 mile radus surch around your house you will find several.

Pat Patterson

Garmin 12XL

82CJ7 & 79F250

Herd of Turtles 4x4 club

It is .10 miles. Also, when you think about it, .10 mile is only 528 feet. I also understand that is is not a "set in stone" rule. For example, opposite sides of a river or freeway, in which you would have to travel further than that distance to retrieve both caches, or the top and bottom of a cliff. I'm sure there are many other justifyable answers.

"I'm 35 Years old, I am divorced, and I live in van down by the river!" - Matt Foley