Waypointing your dogs doot.

Hey folks,

It's been a while since I have checked out the forum. My life only allows for so many obsessions and I probably fit more in than most, unfortunately this forum had to be cut to make room for some other things.

Anyway, for some this may be old news, but for those who haven't done it yet, check it out. I have been taking my dog to this park in Martinez, Ca called Briones Regional park. The park allows for your dog to be off leash but asks that you remove your dogs doot. For some reason my dog seems to wait until we're too far in to just throw it in the garbage, but too far from the end to carry it out.

So, I have found that waypointing the doot with my GPSr helps a billion. I just modify my hike so that we loop back around and scoop up the doot with a bag on the way out. That way I don't have to hump a smelly bag o' doot in my pack and if it gets dark or I forget the landmarks than all I have to do it follow my GPSr....it's like geocaching all over again....only it smells like (*&^%. Just think, the next generation in geocaching...Geodooting!!! Yeah baby!

I figured this was a pretty common sense idea but I had to post it anyway, just for fun.

Aronius

Farewell Mother Hips....for now.

For those who do not have a dog but would like to participate in a geodooting type activity; discreetly follow someone walking a dog, wherever dog lifts his leg and "marks his territory" mark the spot. Now come back around with your GPSr and spray all those spots with with some cheap obnoxious perfume and giggle hysterically at the horrified expression of the dog as he returns to check out his handiwork.

someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

I think some of you folks are pretty lame. I never have a problem finding what my dog leaves behind. NEVER. And I don't need no stinkin GPS to get back to it either.

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

A multi billion dollar satellite system, a cleaner park, and a little something frozen in time in a hermetically sealed land fill that would biodegrade shortly if left alone.

Sometiems it just all comes together.

LOL!!! How true. Sometimes we take one step forward and two steps back.

"heck, that scares me and I'm fearless"

icon_confused.gif What happens if there are two geodooters in the same area and that geodooter grabs your doot before you have a chance to bag the doot for logging or is there a way to log doot on the geocaching page before your doot is grabed? God I Need A Life. To many years with the Federal Government.

BASSETSLAVE

-----------

If you have the nose of a basset there is no cache that you can not find and you are never lost.

anibasset1.gif

Hmmmmmm...... I smell an idea for a virtual cache!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Mike. Desert_Warrior (aka KD9KC).

El Paso, Texas.

Citizens of this land may own guns. Not to threaten their neighbors, but to ensure themselves of liberty and freedom.

They are not assault weapons anymore... they are HOMELAND DEFENSE WEAPONS!