Geocaching Frequency

I've averaged 15 searches a month.

I've averaged 13 finds a month.

As I find more caches I have to go farther to search. That takes time from away from hunting. I'm sure my average will continue to fall as time goes on.

I found 4 out of 5 caches I hunted for yesterday. That took 5 hours and 8 miles of hiking though. Add two hours driving time to the area and I was out for the whole day.

====================================

As always, the above statements are just MHO.

====================================

I average about 5 finds a month, but in reality, a typical month would have a lot fewer. My average is skewed by a vacation I took out west where I found 14 caches in 3 days and a handful of multi find days. I have a lot of not founds too, so if I included those, I estimate the number would be about 7 per month.

If you add in hides, scouting trips and maint trips (which are still geocaching to me), my average goes to about 11 a month.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

Hey BrianSnat, I like your new avatar, very original, much better than the Geko you used to have icon_biggrin.gif

I put down less than 20, I only have 16 hunts (14 finds) so it's hard to glean a pattern from that. I am Unemployed at the moment so I go whenever it isn't raining or threatening to (not very often). I am fortunate enough to live in a very cache-rich area, but I often go over ten miles from home, just to mix it up.

If trees could scream, would we still cut them down?

Well, maybe if they screamed all the time, for no reason.

Click here for my Geocaching pictures

My career average is 39.933 caches/month. Now at 599 caches found. The average is skewed by last month....got 138 caches! 61 in one day with the Yakima Cache machine.

I'm on pace for well over 50 this month. Currently at 43 finds. Overall, if you used weighed mean, on top of my head, I probably am around 35 per month. December was my lowest month at 20.