Way too much time on these forums..

umc

Yeah... I spend far more time in the forums than I do studying... or caching. I'm not sure what the attraction is. We're a group of generally well-behaved people, who have knowledge about a large number of topics, primarily geocaching.

I like to hear what everyone has to say, which isn't always the case in other aspects of my life.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by umc:

I've been addicted to forums for a while now and this one is no different.

By neglecting to include an 'other' option, you have--purposely or not--stereotyped those of us that actualy go out and find caches. [emoticon that winks]

all rights reserved, all wrongs reversed

That would be a "peavey", invented here in Maine in 1858. It is also called a "cant dog" or "cant hook". Peaveys are used for manuvering logs, mainly rolling them. I own a couple myself.

Maybe next week I'll have Paul holding something you're more familiar with... icon_biggrin.gif

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

That would be a "peavey", invented here in Maine in 1858. It is also called a "cant dog" or "cant hook". Peaveys are used for manuvering logs, mainly rolling them. I own a couple myself.

Maybe next week I'll have Paul holding something you're more familiar with... icon_biggrin.gif

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

quote:
Originally posted by Countess2002:

clearly I did not get it! Doh!

Disregard all responses...

Thats ok because You said:

Funny, like witty, clever, entertaining.

but you definitely amuse me

And as far as Paul I'm sure you are refering to a Beer right Brdad right? icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Countess2002:

clearly I did not get it! Doh!

Disregard all responses...

Thats ok because You said:

Funny, like witty, clever, entertaining.

but you definitely amuse me

And as far as Paul I'm sure you are refering to a Beer right Brdad right? icon_wink.gif

migo_sig_logo.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by brdad:

That would be a "peavey", invented here in Maine in 1858. It is also called a "cant dog" or "cant hook".

BRDad... interesting. I found one of those at an auction a while back. I commented to my mother that I sure could use of of those "log rollers." The darn thing went for somehing like $30... but it was my mom who won it. I used it quite often, and still have it... although it hasn't seen any use in about six years.

I never knew it had a real name.

Jamie

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Lemmings:

not SCAdian, are you?)

You are actually the second to notice and recognize the quote. I don't know what SCAdian is? I loved Jamie. If I were single, I would be "Geochaching for Jamie"!! icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You're no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let's go."

quote:
Originally posted by The Intrepid Lemmings:

not SCAdian, are you?)

You are actually the second to notice and recognize the quote. I don't know what SCAdian is? I loved Jamie. If I were single, I would be "Geochaching for Jamie"!! icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------

"You're no verra sensible, Sassenach, but I like ye fine. Let's go."